Issue with duplicate car in the track

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by JoeJoe, Jan 29, 2021.

1. JoeJoe

JoeJoe New Member

I am really new to this forum & my apologies if I have overseen any posting rule(s) or post with a similar query. Otherwise, I am a particular new guy in sim racing and am having much fun with AMS1. I have learnt a few tricks like creating new series & editing the srs, veh etc, files for one's own liking. So I got this WEC2016 mod that I have slightly manipulated. It got 3 car classes; LMP1, LMP2 and GTE. The mod does make a total of around 54 cars/drivers with the GTE only having a max of 20. I am a huge fan of the GT class so in-game, with a maximum of 29 opponents, I do have the GT cars at 20 (all drivers actually including me) with the rest (10) a mix of LMP1 & LMP2. Ideally, I know I need to use the "opponent filter" option to choose the desired number of opponents in each class & I set GTE class at 19 (so that the last one be me) then LMP1 & P2 5 each. However, since I am still testing the mod & adjusting the BOP (ie my custom talent files hehe) as much as everything works fine so far, I noticed that the game always select the car I am in hence having a "duplicated" car on track (same livery & car number). It really is not a big deal but it does bother me that it does that. In the GTE class, I have 2 BMW M6 GTE cars (Augusto Farfus & Nick Catsburg). With the little I know of AMS, if a mod has 20 cars/drivers/veh files, I should select 19 cars in-game (as opponents) & I be the final one or else any number more will make the game duplicate another car at random. So if I choose Nick's car, I do expect the game to select the remaining 19 cars. Unfortunately, any & every time I go to a different track, I do see the same car I selected meaning there is always one other GTE car not on track. I have tried reducing the Number of GTE cars (19 to 18 & increase the other classes) but still the same results. Using the global opponent filter is not really a choice since even though the duplicate is not selected, the number of GTE cars are so few compared to the LMPs combined hence having to "fight" them nearly always on track. Again, this is not a big deal but how can I prevent the game from selecting the same car I have? This is my first time trying a multiclass & with a mono class mod, just using the global filter works. I hope I make sense & thanks in advance.