1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with Fanatec Clubsport Wheel base V 2.5 / Clubsport Pedals V3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Damon Damon, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Damon Damon

Damon Damon New Member

Hi guys,

I can see my wheel and pedals in AMS2, however I can't assign/edit any inputs as both the wheel and the pedals are not recognised.

It worked once, but following the an update it stopped working.

Any clues on how to solve that problem?

It's frustrating as I backed the game, but did only manage to play only 1 hour in total... just because it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help

2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't own a Fanatec wheel, but maybe you could try this.

edit : here is another one you could try.

3. Damon Damon

Damon Damon New Member

Thank you.
    I will try the second tip tonight. I had already tried to use "Custom Wheel" settings, but I could not assign inputs to steer left and right, or for the pedals.

4. Damon Damon

Damon Damon New Member

9618B389-4467-4979-8327-B4B3F77EE9CD.jpeg I’ve tried both solutions today and it doesn’t work.
    Either way the wheel and the pedals are not recognised and I can’t edit the assignments.

Isn’t it ironic when you look at the game’s load screen???

5. Damon Damon

Damon Damon New Member

Hello,

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?
    I can't get my wheel and my pedals to be recognised.

Thanks

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you deleted the game and downloaded it again?
    Verified cache?
    Deleted the my documents AMS 2 folder?

7. whitestar

whitestar New Member

Not sure if this is helping (as you seem to have a different issue than me) but I just had problems calibrating the V3 pedals. Turns out I first had to assign controls to them and then I could calibrate them.

8. Damon Damon

Damon Damon New Member

Hey,

Bumping up this thread.
    Few months in, and I still can't play AMS2 because the game does not recognize my wheel and my pedals. I've tried to set it up as a custom wheel, same issues.
    It's the only sim that does not recognise my wheel and pedals even when I select the right profile in the control settings.

Any idea as I even uninstalled the game, and started from a clean setup.

Thanks

9. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Just to confirm - you say you can't edit assignments for the wheel axis? Remember, you have to rotate it fully before the game picks up the input when doing this!

For the pedals - do you have them plugged into the wheel base or via USB?

Also, what Fanatec drivers/firmware are you running?

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Does this including removing the Automobilista 2 Folder in the Windows Documents folder?

I have a CSW2.5 and CSP V3 in use for AMS2 all the time and it works flawlessly. Make sure you have the wheelmake in the controls options set to the CSW 2.5 or Custom and mapping the axis and buttons by yourself. To map an axis, apply it fully and return back to their 0 state.

Check, that you have the newest drivers by Fanatec and update your firmware.
    (Try at least driver 380, also if the newest 400er drivers in use it might be an idea, to downgrade for a test.)

It's indeed kind of ironic, when looking at the games start screen, because this is definetly/veryveryvery likely not on the end of AMS2 (like mentioned, i have exactly this combo in daily use)

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Damon, has your wheelbase and pedals never been recognized in AMS2, or was it recognized before and is now no longer working?

EDIT: I read your post again, and you said it worked before. Follow the advice of CrimsonEminence above, is what I can say.

CSW2.5 & CSP V3 inverted user here, by the way. I've earlier had some issues getting my McLaren GT3 (mk1) wheel rim to be recognized in a few arbitrary sims. I can't remember if AMS2 was one of them, but since I got drivers after v378b IIRC, I have not had any trouble except in AMS1 where the MPS switches require me to use my CSL Elite wheel rim instead. I once had a driver conflict where no sims were recognizing my wheelbase, rim and pedals, and then I had to completely uninstall the Fanatec driver and then re-install it. But I don't think that is necessary for you to try, since it's working for you in other sims.

What wheel rim are you using?

Last edited: May 19, 2021