1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with loading game in VR since windows 11

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Greg Latty, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Greg Latty

Greg Latty Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I am having issues running the game in VR. Used to worked fine but now it just loads the splash screen the exits back out to the desktop. and them My headset ( reverb g2 ) resets and goes back to the cliffhouse. Any else experiencing this?

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also have a Reverb G2, but I haven't upgraded to Windows 11 yet, so I'm following this thread.

Do other SteamVR apps work fine?

3. Greg Latty

Yes everything else works. The game actually started working today. Only thing i did different was start the game before putting on the headset. Will do some more testing

4. Greg Latty

ok so it still is not working. Guess ill have to do a fresh install of windows 10 to play this game again. which sucks because that probably isnt happening anytime soon

5. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did have some similar issues when I first upgraded to Windows 11. I messed around with a few settings and changing the order of things so not sure exactly what fixed it, but this is my current situation:

Latest windows updates are installed, and in the Mixed Reality settings, unchecked all Automatic Startup options (especially the start SteamVr one), set input switching to 'Manually switch using Windows logo..'. Unchecked Virtual displays option too.

When I want to launch AMS2, I start Mixed Reality and confirm I'm in the Cliff House. Start AMS2 from desktop Steam Client.

Note - if AMS2 doesn't have focus during initial load or when loading a track/race it'll hang till it gets focus. Sometimes I've got to manually focus it on startup.

Further note - I do seem to have a problem when switching focus between AMS2 and other apps. It'll hang for several seconds, sometimes much longer when I alt-tab / refocus back into AMS2. Only other game this happens with is PCars2, so I'm assuming it's a problem in shared code. Happens in VR or 2D.

6. Greg Latty

Thank you man. this seems to have sorted it out for me. Only thing i left was the Manual switching with windows logo.. But the automatic startup options seems to have fixed it. Will do some more testing.