1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It looks like the madness engine is changing registry values for G29

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by happyloaf, Apr 8, 2020.

1. happyloaf

happyloaf New Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for the double post but I posted this on the Beta thread as well because I think this is an important issue:

PCars 2 had an issue where it would change the registry values for the logitech G29/920's of the world. For most games this is not an issue; however, the Codemasters F1 and Dirt games lose most of their force feedback. The wheel is "loose" with minimal tire feel. Only the bumps come through. Below is a quoted thread about the issue from 2018:

"I bought F1 2018 and noticed that my force feedback on the G29 was messed up. I had no centering force or wheel feel. The only effects that worked where bumps and rumbles. It also renders the wheel useless in WRC 7 and inverts the Gas and Clutch pedals in ISI games. After reading other forums, the issue seems to be that PCars 2 changes a few registry files for the G29. Below is the quoted post from steam that shows what registry values were changed and what they need to be changed to in order to fix the feedback:

"I had this issue for the first time like 2 months ago, and drove me nuts, I knew it was a software problem, but couldn't find a proper fix. Uninstalling LGS and cleaning registry only works until you start Project Cars again.

Project Cars 2 delete and modifies system keys from registry.

Only yesterday I installed RegShot to monitor registry changes and it's clear that Project Cars deletes and modifies entries in HKU\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F, especially the OEM Name and OEM data entries. Restoring these fields fixes the problems with clutch becoming the accelerator and vice-versa and the loss of feedback.
    This has to be done every time you played Project Cars. You need default keys values, ideally a registry back-up with that data. No need to reinstall LGS or unplug the wheel

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F

Test this values, it works for me:

OEMName: "Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB" instead of "G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel"

OEMData: 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00 instead of 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00"

Is there a way for Madness Engine to NOT change these values or to reset them when the game is exited?

2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Issue: pC2 changes registry values for Logitech devices, causing loss of assigned wheel controls. Work-Around for W10 users: Change the Logitech Device OEM data value.

1. From Windows, search “regedit”

2. Go to, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C2….

3. Check the value of the device. Right click the OEData, and then change/edit the value to be 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00
    [​IMG]
    1. Save it, and re-start your PC

2. Open pC2 and setup Wheel control assignments (usually throttle is missing), and play and check that all the wheel controls work. Close pC2.

3. If you have AC, go to Settings, Controls, and load the setup you have saved for your wheel device. Don’t load original setup that comes with AC. Your controls may not work as assigned, so, now assign then again, and SAVE this new profile as a new name other than the previous one that was saved. Probably a good idea to delete old named file/s.

4. If you have rF2, or other SIM’s, do this same type of process for wheel control set/s. Assign, check, and save as new name/s.

5. Now when you start all games, the Logitech device should be recognized properly and load your new saved profiles.

6. It appears that the issue is with the old or wrong registry value, the wheel can swap the assigned values, or just not recognize them at all.

7. If it does not completely fix all games the first time, keep re-assigning the controls and saving new wheel profile names until it does.

• Like Like x 2
  3. happyloaf

That's the EXACT issue. My fix ended up being.

1. Reinstall PCars 2--if I did not do this then AMS2 would rewrite my registry.

2. Delete PCars 2

3. Run CCCleaner to get Pcars2 out of the registry (otherwise AMS2 sometimes changed the registry settings).

4. Reboot

5. Change the registry settings

6. Reboot

7. Reinstall AMS2 Beta

PCar2 is a waste.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. KCW

KCW Member

Hell of alot easier to just do as Peter said in the 2nd post...

This is a Logitech thing, not a Project Cars thing. It does not happen with a Fanatec or a Thrustmaster, but does it with any Logitech from the G25 through to G29/G920.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. happyloaf

I did what Peter said and for some reason it kept getting changed back. But I got it fixed which is great!

6. KCW

KCW Member

It will, until Logitech fix it properly. It is on their end to fix.

PC2 is great if you set it up correctly and drive the cars they actually finished, its their lazy developers dropping support of their half finished game that are a waste, not the game as it is, its just incomplete.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Peter Stefani

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but after a long time of not opening PC2, and having all the other SIM's work perfectly fine with the Logitech wheel, .... when I went back and opened up PC2 just to check some set up info, then went back to all my other games, the Gas pedal was de-assigned. So, if it's claimed to be a Logitech issue, then wouldn't it be an issue for all games? Why does the G series work fine, until you go back into PC2 and then the registry value is changed?
    I could be wrong, but I personally think that PC2 had the wrong OEM device number for the G Series. In any event, AMS2 is my replacement for PC2, so it doesn't matter to me anyway. I un-installed PC2 for good.
    2022 UPDATE: PC2 was and is still very weak in implementation of the game code. Reiza has found many issues that were wrong, or just not finished.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  8. KCW

KCW Member

I know exactly what youre saying, been through it all myself too ;)

There was a setting you could change on older Logitech software that stopped this occurring, its on by default, but the newer versions dont have that. The logitech driver should be resetting it after PC2 is closed, and it isnt. It does for every other game, but not for this.

My mate uses a G25 and a much older version of the Logitech software, and consequently has never had the issue, even when he uses one of my spare G27s.

9. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

I just went through all of this with a buddy last night for his G29...he didn't have any issues in his registry settings, so no need to do anything. This clearly isn't happening to everyone...strange.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. KCW

KCW Member

Correct. It depends in part on Logitech software settings.

11. B Stu

B Stu Member

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F]
    "OEMName"="Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB"
    "OEMData"=hex:43,00,08,10,19,00,00,00

You want your wheel to show this. If not change it to this and make a backup of it. Just run the backup if your setting get changed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using the lgs510_x64 package from Logitech on my G27 and never had that problem. Also, because I don't use the actual logitech profiler, I renamed it to "LWEMon.exe_" in C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\ directory. Of course that driver doesn't support G29+ wheels. Anyway, point is that pcars itself doesn't change the registry, it's the logitech software.

Edit: picture of the settings
    [​IMG]
    I believe these are the recommended settings. Does the newer driver have that "Allow Game to adjust settings" setting? Does the registry change if you untick it?

Attached Files:

• lgs.png
      lgs.png
      File size:
      20.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  13. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

The Logitech Gaming software [9.02.65] does have that option yep. Not sure about the registry entry though...

14. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok. So people with the problem, if you put those recommended settings into the logitech driver, but untick that "Allow Game to adjust settings", does the problem still occur between games and does AMS2/PCars2 still feel the same?

15. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

It seems I may now have become a victim to this aswell.

I checked in the registry but I didn't have that speciffic entry that was mentioned earlier in the thread.
    I had a simmilar one tho and edited thatone. No difference.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times over, but nothing helps.
    Any advice on what to do?

16. happyloaf

Do you have Logitech G Hub or LGS? It might be worth using revo uninstaller to fully uninstall ALL logitech drivers AND Project Cars 2. Then reboot and reinstall the drivers. This was how I had to fix it in the past before learning how to edit the registry.

Be warned the G29 does not always work with GHUB and requires some manual editing of a .jstor file. Logitech has been not very helpful in fixing this issue. (see link for how to fix: G Hub not detecting wheels? I figured out a workaround for my G29 : LogitechG ) Note: Copy the file to the desktop to edit if GHUB does not recognize the wheel.

17. Cenk Muduroglu

Cenk Muduroglu New Member

was this fixed does anyone know ? Im pretty sure this is what is ****ing up my ams1

18. Peter Stefani

9.02.65 does have this option, and should be checked boxed.

19. Peter Stefani

This info is also correct. Take note of the first "hex" number. It should be as shown, 43.