1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep AMS2 running while another app is launched?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Tiago Ribeiro, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

I have a profile set on my Stream Deck with Advanced Launcher to run a few apps on a separate monitor while I’m racing. Ex: Second Monitor, RST, Discord etc.

In ACC, I’m able to launch those apps without pausing the game. With AMS2, the window will disappear and the game will pause until I swap back to it. Is there a specific setting I should be using to keep it running?

Cheers!

2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I have a similar set up with stream deck and there’s nothing I found that stops the game losing focus.

it basically auto alt tabs out ,if you so much as click a mouse on a second screen.

I can’t remember if setting ams2avx too high priority in system services/task manager actually does help keep the game from pausing even if it does minimise the window or not.
    but doesn’t stop the minimising, so not much use.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

u cant stop it from pausing, its a build in reaction.
    if u dont want that the game gets paused, multiplayer is the only option atm. but you will still lose your inputs when focus is lost.
    so if in the middle of an online race, a popup appears, you will just drive straight till u click back into the game.

no idea who thought this was a good idea imo
    a single setting to keep running/remain controls if focus is lost could fix all that, but i assume they would need to change code and they dont do alot of that..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Got it. Thank you both!

5. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I read that first line in the OP as Steam Deck and I got jealous :rolleyes: I thought you'd got yours early

• Funny Funny x 1