1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lag destroying this game.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Richirichi, Aug 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Hi all
    I’m having issues with lag. I play on ACC, RF2, AC & RRE; & AMS2 is the only game it’s happening on. The game will stop, for a micro second, speed up & then continue normally. It’s made it unplayable, due to being unable to save mid game in AMS2, & it normally happens in a turn; end result is then a spin, or crash. It happened again at Bathurst, in the mountain section, after an hour in the race, lag, crash; game over My rig is a AMD 9 3900xt 12x 3.80GHz | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3080 - 10GB. Anyone else having this issue, or is there a solution/workaround? I want to give AMS2 a chance, but this is killing it for me. Thanks for any help guys

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Do you have by any change UDP telemetry on and set to a low value (1-2-3)?

How many pre-rendered frames do you use? Or do you perhaps have the frame rendering set to Live/Low Latency/Ultra fast in the gpu driver settings?

3. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Thanks for the reply No I’m not running UDP telemetry. I was using 4 pre-rendered frames in AMS2 settings, I’ve now changed it to 2, to see if this will help. I’ve enabled Ultra-Low Latency mode in Nvidia driver settings.

4. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Had a similar issue when iirc i changed to borderless instead of standard fullscreen got weird lag and stuttering even in offline races. A long shot and ignore if you've tried standard fullscreen. Btw, I have a Nividia 2070 super.

5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Running Ultra-Low Latency might be the reason why you get these issues (it disables the pre-rendered frame buffer). My 1060 was relatively stable however I would get annoying frameskips as i got rendering delays and in the end I disabled it and opted rather to have a 1 pre-rendered frame buffer. I still get the occasional frame lag and speed up like you describe but not to the same extent. The bigger the buffer, the better the stability but it does introduce output lag the higher it is set to.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Ok. I’ll try this tomorrow, reduce further pre rendered frames to 1, & disable the Nvidia setting. I’ll let you know how it goes. But I’m still surprised that I have these issues, with a 3080; I even have most of the graphic/video settings on medium‍♂️ Thanks again, much appreciated.

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

VRR control of monitor on? turn it off.

8. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

I’ve done that now as well, thanks.

9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Great. It was giving me lag, lower framerate and inconsistent frames. Once I turned it off.. after 100 hours.. I got buttersmooth frames and no lag anymore when it dips under my 117 fps framecap + v-sync + g-sync/freeplay. I am hitting an constant 117 fps unless said track it unoptimised, or I am standing in a full grid of headlights during night / thunderstorm.

10. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You have a beast of a set up with the R9/3080 combo so something must be up for sure .. I have the RTX 3080ti on an older AMD 8 core chip & the game is buttery smooth with most settings maxed in 4k .. I don’t see any pauses /hic-ups like your having .. I’m also using pre rendered at 1 ..