Laptop Integrated GPU

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Samolo94, May 16, 2017.

1. Samolo94

Samolo94 New Member

Hi all,
    I just bought the game and I wanted to run it on my laptop (i7 3537U, 4GB, GT 720M) so I can hook it to my big TV. Problem is the config exe won't recognise the Nvdia GT 720M, and instead it just recognises the integrated GPU, which is an Intel hd 4000. I tried the game and it runs in low and all that, but obviously I was expecting more from the game. I already tried changing the config in Nvidia's control panel for the config.exe, AMS.exe, and even for the entire folder in steamapps, but it will keep recognising the integrated GPU only. Also, this only happens with this game, since both rFactor and Race 07 worked properly once I changed the settings in Nvidia's control panel.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Windows 7? The config app doesn't recognise it, but the game does use it if you force it via the control panel for AMS.exe.

Although the GT720M isn't much better than the built in graphics anyway.

3. Samolo94

Samolo94 New Member

Yes win7 64 bits.
    Does it really? So it should have been working with it since i have already set that in Nvidia's control panel. I'll try then later on with a better graphic quality. And let you know.
    I know it is not a very powerful gpu, but it definitely gives a better performance than the hd 4000, at least in other games it does. I can always move my desktop, but if i could get it to work on my laptop properly it would be much easier.
    Also, as far as I've tried, the steering seems to work with a bit of delay. I have the driving force gt and to be honest i haven't touched much of the controls configuration option in-game, but it has some delay, and i can tell from other games. It makes it hard when having to change directions quickly in chicanes and so on. I changed the sensitivity but it didn"t make it better. What could it be?

4. Samolo94

Samolo94 New Member

Alright, I just tried the game in all config settings from basic (with everything set to low) to ultra, no cars no nothing, and I got exactly the same performance from all the settings. Problem is I only got 24 fps with all the settings, so it seems like the game is locked to 24 fps no matter what the graphic configuration is. The max fps is set to 120 but to no effect. What may be causing it? I would like to play in 60 fps stable, in any config possible, but it makes no sense to be getting 24 fps with the game set to basic with some options set to low and other to "off" and then do the same with the game set to ultra and get 24 fps all the same.

5. krusti

krusti RaceSimulatorItaly Founder AMS2 Club Member

Seems like your refresh rate is set at 23-24Hz!
    In the AMS config window, top right corner.

6. Samolo94

Samolo94 New Member

Yeah I remember seen it now. Since they told me that the config.exe wouldnt detect my gt720 m i didnt bother opening it again.
    Many thanks

7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but you should still set up the remaining options correctly there.