1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Launching AMS2 in steamvr not Oculus VR

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Rory, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Rory

Rory muzz00ka

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out how to launch AMS2 in Steamvr through steam and not Oculus VR. I am using an Oculus Rift S and motion platform but I need to use steam VR to use a motion compensation program. When I click launch from steamVR on steam, it launches but it seems to use Oculus VR and not SteamVR, which is annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bypass this? Thanks.

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Are you sure it launch using Oculus VR? Hitting the Oculus menu button bring you the Oculus Dash and not SteamVR environement?

For SteamVR you can try to create a shortcut and put this in the execute field : steam://launch/1066890/vr

For Oculus it's : steam://launch/1066890/othervr

3. Rory

Rory muzz00ka

Hi, yes when i hit the oculus button I end up at the oculus dash. I tried the shortcut you provided and it launched but back into oculus mode again! I not sure what else I could do to force it?

4. Rory

Rory muzz00ka

Hi guys, I got AMS2 to force launch into steamVR finally! I had to go to the AMS2.exe in steam folders and force it to run in windows 7 compatibility mode. This has changed the game dramatically for me now on my motion simulator with motion cancellation, I am finally not getting thrown around the cockpit by the VR sensors. Loving the game!

• Like Like x 1
  5. keem85

keem85 New Member

Can you to elaborate more? When I tried to add the compatibility mode, it just started in pancake mode... I need to be able to run my Oculus in steam VR mode also, just like you, because of motion.

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Be careful as the executable could also be the other one if you have a modern processor : ASM2AVX.exe

7. keem85

keem85 New Member

You're right! It worked when I put win7 on both of them, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I4d

I4d New Member

I'm also facing this issue so I couldn't use openxr, can't believe this is still not resolved three years later. Does my PC system has to be win7 to run it in win7 compatible mode?

9. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This issue isn’t even acknowledged by anyone working at Reiza. God knows I’ve tried. Wall of silence.
    First step is to try and get anyone to comment that they’re aware of this problem.
    Second step is to try and ask for a timescale to fix it.
    It has to be a fairly simple fix as well.

Oculus headsets support SteamVR.
    AMS2 supports launching in SteamVR.

How hard can this be to get acknowledged and looked at!

• Like Like x 1