LexxVR's Friction Addiction Custom FFB for AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Lexx VR, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

Do you crave a more direct connection to the road?

INTRODUCTION

This FFB Setup file aims to surface more realistic road texture detail, contact patch grip characteristics and tire scrub available from the SETA tire model components carried over in Automobilista 2.

When realistically tuned, Force Feedback becomes part of the car's handling loop, as it allows the car to "drive itself" by following the contours of the road while automatically stabilizing itself from any upset.

To allow this to happen, you should only be deflecting the steering wheel roughly half the time, and with the other half you should be listening/allowing what the car wants to do in response via the steering wheel.

This should result in a more balanced conversation, allowing you to work with
    the car rather than pushing against it.

REQUIRED HARDWARE and SOFTWARE

The included file and sim/wheel settings (see screenshots) work for me on a Fanatec DD1 running the beta drivers released with Fanatec PC Driver v352/353/356, as it takes advantage of the new settings and performance improvements released in November 2019.

This should also work for other DD wheels or high end belt driven wheels (e.g. CSW v2.5), but I have no way of testing this until test reports from AMS2 community members who have tried this.

Please start with all my recommended settings as a baseline (as shown in the included screenshots) except FORCE, which is entirely up to you, given how loudly you need the car to assert itself in your "conversation".

If you find that different settings work better for you with the same or different hardware, please provide feedback to the AMS2 forum.

WARNING and TERMS OF USE

This is a work in progress posted to the AMS2 forums with a request for community testing. In order to be eligible to test this configuration file, you agree to post your feedback as a response on the AMS2 Forum and to only test this file at your own risk. Always start by setting the FFB Force Level [FOR setting] on your wheel to the minimum setup slot, then slowly work your way up according to your own abilities and risk tolerance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  2. Lexx VR

Lexx VR Member

Sorry, posted to the wrong forum initially. Can delete this one, but not sure how.

3. DINOSSAUROHUMANO

DINOSSAUROHUMANO New Member

Great file! but there is any way i can get soft lock with these?
    G29 user here. Thanks!