1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G29/G920/G27/G25 FFB Thread?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TekNeil, Apr 26, 2020.

1. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Curious to see how you guys are finding the FFB and at what settings?

Wheel: G29
    FFB Model: New default
    Gain: 100
    LFB: 50
    FX: 50
    LGS version: [9.02.65]
    Game: 0.8.x
    Thoughts: Much, much lighter than the 'Old' FFB model @ same settings, I can feel more understeer, but on the whole the FFB feels less pronounced everywhere else. Also suffering some strange spikes, like a feeling of reversed forces in some cases.
    Shifter kart at Lodrina kart1 (Turn one), and at the new Interlargos tracks.
    Overall I preferred the 'Old' FFB model, the majority of forces were more noticeable for me, and I felt like I had more 'Gain' to play with.

Edit: I made a really crap video (While I was more unwell than usual) showing the absolute basics of using a custom FFB file. I just made this as I've seen it asked on here:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm finding that the steering doesn't load up so much on fast corners, I'd expect a gradual increase in stiffness as the outside tyre takes the weight, other than that it's enjoyable on 95/60/50 on mine. I got a bit of pendulum feeling on the Aussie V8, more so than old FFB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TekNeil

That's how I felt with the new FFB too, but! I deleted the game/reinstalled as a matter of course.
    A side effect of that is that now the FFB feels different, same settings and it just feels less far apart from the 'Old' FFB. Not really sure how to explain it, but it feels better. Whether that was just on my setup or not I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

After the most recent AMS2 V0.8.4.0 update, I trialed various FFB settings over the weekend with my G25. In the end, I ended up with settings almost identical to those I referred to previously. I include my New Default FFB settings here for the sake of replication:

Per Reiza: Recommended settings for Logitech G2X wheels:
    [​IMG]

(My) G25 FFB settings in AMS2:

TYPE: New Default
    GAIN: 92 *
    LOW FORCE BOOST: 75
    FX: 50
    MENU SPRING STRENGTH: 40

* Gain setting determined using HUD FFB graph in AMS2 to minimize clipping. High downforce cars may demonstrate a small degree of clipping per Reiza.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. TekNeil

[Thumbs up] - I wish the newer gaming software had settings for the spring/damper, can't really tell what's going on there with anything newer than the LGS510 software I don't think...

7. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

G27 owners, does the Overall Effects Strength have any impact in game?

I have my profile set to 0 (to test if it’s being used, not because I want 0), and ffb is fine.

The strength is only taken into account if I untick Allow game to adjust parameters.

AMS1 is the same and these are the only games that do this - all my other driving games allow me to adjust the strength.

I’m using 5.10 lgs.

Anyone else getting thee same thing?

8. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just got a G29 and wish to use settings above but neither Ghub or gaming software give me option to do so, what do i do now?

9. TekNeil

@Cully If you're using anything newer (I think) than LGS_510 (Often referred to as the Logitech Profiler), we get those options. But the 510 software was really only for G25/G27 wheels anyway.

Just be sure that your settings look like this:
    1/ No centering spring/turned off, 900deg, sensitivity @50.
    vithNVj.png

And that you have allowed games to adjust forces.
    ZvOL2XK.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Im not seeing that top screen for axis properties,, im using Ghub by the way.

Scratch that i am its just a different layout and a newer firmware than your image,,, thanks a lot for help.

11. TekNeil

Ah Ghub, I've not migrated to that after reading that many people had/have issues with it, and end up going back to the gaming software. I'm not too keen because Logitech don't actually list it on their site as a specific download for wheels either.
    If it works though, good stuff. [Thumbs up].
    Edit: Just seen that they do now list G29/G920 on the actual Ghub page though...

12. Sib

Sib New Member AMS2 Club Member

The recent updates seem to have improved/fixed wheel support in GHub.
    I moved to it around the start of the year and it has been working well for me.

I think our only option for altering strength is the Gain setting in AMS2 though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. B Stu

B Stu Member

@TekNeil Are you still having issues? You said above you uninstalled/ reinstalled. Did you delete your profile in documents folder as a lot of people have issues resolved doing so. Curious as I have same wheel and finding the FFB in Ams2 really quite good considering it being a bugdget wheel. I'm sure we are all confident there are still some improvements to come.

14. TekNeil

@B Stu Yeah I completely removed the game and any folders, reinstalled and the FFB actually felt better, the two options (New/Old) actually feel closer together to me now.
    Although...They still feel very different and I kind of can't decide the likes/dislikes of each one.
    I think for me, the 'Old' one had more weight throughout, whereas the 'New' has more detail of understeer and braking. It's tough because I do like the wheel on the weighty side.

What settings are you using/playing with mate?

15. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for starting this thread. I have had very mixed results with settings for my DFGT. On most tracks feedback for open wheel cars behaves like the surface is significantly rougher than in the previous AMS version. This is most noticeable in steady state cornering. It has the effect of both drowning out other FFB effects and making it difficult to drive the intended line with any precision. On the same tracks in the Caterhams or Superkart there's no hint of the surface being rough.

Yesterday I tried the custom profile after re-reading the beginning of the FFB thread. The custom profile enables settings in "Documents\Automobilista 2\ffb_custom_settings.ini". Mainly I was interested in the engine_scale and min_force settings.

I'm using the recommended Logitech Profiler settings. Previously my best results were with 70 gain, 65 - 70 LFB and 30 FX. I was getting effects for hard braking and curbs but they were very generic. Anything higher for FX cause excessive on center rattling for the engine effect and didn't seem to do much for the braking or curb effects.

The custom profile allows reducing or disabling the engine effect and configuring a minimum for low force. So I set the following in ffb_custom_settings.ini. I'm not concerned with losing the engine effect, so I set it to 0.0. Wheelcheck shows around 3 - 4% minimum force for my DFGT, so I started with 0.04. I'm not 100% on this, but it seemed like the min_force is affected by the LFB setting. As I increased LFB to help with on-center feel, I decreased min_force.

(min_force 0.01)

(engine_scale 0.0)

I tested the F3 at Donington for the first time which ended up being noticeably smoother than any track I've tried before or since in AMS2. I started with 100 gain, 0 LFB and 50 FX then used the in game FFB graph to adjust gain. From there I increased LFB until I was happy with on center feel. Rattle for the engine effect was eliminated, and there was a major improvement in feedback for braking and curbs.

gain 90
    LFB 30
    FX 50

Those settings were not great for the F3 at Spielberg Historic. Braking effects were feint and I was back to lots of feedback for a bumpy track surface. The following settings worked well at Spielberg Historic and some of the other tracks I tried. I still haven't found settings for the F3 at Brands Hatch or Guapore where I can just concentrate on driving. Things aren't quite as rough in the Ultima GTR but behavior has been similar for each track.

gain 85
    LFB 45
    FX 50

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

G920 here.
    Do you mean 90 gain? That's heavy.
    I'm now at 15/80/50 and I tried a lot. And this feels more or less alright( new FFB)

Cheers
    Robin

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. B Stu

B Stu Member

For now 75/50/15/. The evening before last patch, was driving round Guapore and Taruma in the old stock cars. Very tricky to drive at times. Installed patch next day and noticed a huge difference. So much easier to control and so much more grip. Caterhams also so much eaiser to handle. As for the ffb, definitley a lighter but more detailed feel. The modern stock car is always my first to try with any update as this was one of the weighter feeling cars. Yup a lot lighter but again more detail. The G29 dosen`t have as much headroom as more expensive wheels, so finding that balance between weight and detail is a bit trickier.
    "In the next build we will be adding further functions, including an updated tyre scrub formula & a minimum force configuration". So theres more to come for sure and with per car ffb multiplier the futures looking good. Still suprises me how good this wheel CAN feel.

18. TekNeil

Oh aye, the ol Logitechs can provide a lot of fun in a good way. Just about tweaking to get the best out of them as you suggest. Gonna have another play tonight and try to get a definite improvement.
    Will be great if we do get those adjustments for Min force/tyre scrub. I think it's the min force I really need tbh.

@ray64040 Will have a look at those options cheers!

Wowsers, I'm surprised you can feel anything at all with gain that low at 15? On the old FFB model the devs suggested 100 for the Logitech wheels, and somewhere even asked somebody why they were running it so low at something like 60.

19. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

It feels fine. Some resistance. In a natural way. I'm running even lower on Assetto Corsa. It now feels a bit like the steering in my real life car in comfort mode(steering). If I'm running 90 Gain it's like I'm going back to 1990 when (un)parking my non powersteered Golf II at 3 mph and 195 sized 15 inch tyres: Too heavy.:)

Real cars do not have superheavy feeling powersteering when they're rolling/at speed.

And also in simracing, lighter is more precision, less weight intrusion. Theoretically you can be faster.

Why the heavy steering? It does not feel real in my book.

Cheers
    Robin

20. B Stu

B Stu Member

The thing is. If you think about it, FFB isn't necessarily about making the wheel feel as it would in a real car. It also has to convey the forces felt while driving. You're taking a sweeping bend at 100mph, you're body is going to be be pushed away from the corner. The wheel/ ffb has to simulate these other forces too. At the end of the day though, it's all about what feels enjoyable for the individual.

• Agree Agree x 2