1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main menu "squished" in VR?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by XSFSPD, Nov 20, 2021.

1. XSFSPD

XSFSPD New Member

Hello...I've had this issue with AMS2s main menu being "squished" in VR for a long time. Reinstalls, multiple VR headsets (Index, Quest 2, G2) and can't seem to get it fixed. Everything else in the game looks fine when racing but the dang main menu is really annoying....the cars look like mighty max toy cars LOL! Attached are a few through the lens photos taken with my phone...ignore that they are out of focus thats just the picture.

I should add the menu looks just fine on my Ultrawide monitor if I pull the headset off to look at the screen.

Thanks everyone!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Setting the resolution in performance options (or in the relevent xml file if you use them) to something that is 16:9 should sort it. It should default to 1920x1080 for all headsets iirc. VR and non-VR have seperate options so you can run lower res there without affecting desktop running.

3. XSFSPD

XSFSPD New Member

Thank you Dave I will take a look at those options!

4. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've got a 34" ultrawide for 2D and it has always been like this in VR since the development stage of PC2 and it has carried over to AMS2. If you set a 16:9 resolution then it will fix it, but may well mess up your monitor view. At this stage for your own sanity, I'd suggest just living with it. I'm sure it's fixable by the devs, but it is going to be low on the list. I reported it during WMD when I was one of about four people on the planet that had an ultrawide, so it was never an important priority back then. There are a lot more of these monitors around now, so more of us will experience it and it might get fixed one day.

5. munkyboo

munkyboo Member

Is this still an issue for people? I am getting this same problem with 32:9 ultrawide when playing in Full Screen (to reduce input lag) and VR. Except the suggestions above dont do anything for me because it seems there is absolutely no difference in the resolution settings in VR mode. Even if i set to something really low like 1024 or any 16:9 like 1920x1080 the menu and game still plays in 32:9 resolution as if the function is useless in VR. It only works in windowed mode to change the size of the window
    When in VR full screen mode it always stays at 5120x1440 resolution no matter what i make the in game resolution (I restart the game and the resolution shows as changed in XML file in my documents).
    Hence, the menu stays squished, and so do the rear view mirror HUD and minimap HUD while in a race. I can live with it for now, as in VR u can train habit to look more at cockpit side mirrors and most cars have cockpit rearview mirrors anway