Make AI use a specific setup, or editing the default

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Salvatore Sirignano, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi everyone.

On some mod tracks I've downloaded the AI aren't really geared properly, hitting the rev limiter halfway down the straights, in various series. It would be nice to be able to modify the gearing, and or wing settings, to give them a bit more headroom for slipstreaming and overtaking.

Does anyone know how to go about this?
    Where are the default AI setups stored?

Thanks for any help. :)

2. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

3. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Gringo! :)
    I'll give that a try and report back!

4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Default setups can be changed in the car's hdv file, but I don't recommend that (unless there's something really messed up in the default setup). Setting up custom AI setups like described in the links above is the best way imo and it works any rF-based games.

5. Spin

Spin Active Member

This would be awesome if it was implemented in-game. We could set AI to use the same tyres, fuel load, and gearing, downforce, and drag levels as us.

The AI learning feature should also be included as I heard that works real well to help AIs optimize their line and speed as the A.I. still have quite a few issues at many tracks (eg. both F3 models overslowing and taking a bad line for the final corner of Brasilia)

6. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You should fill in a bug report with details (see opening post in the bug reports thread) so that Reiza can adjust for everybody and improve their game. That would be more efficient than developing a tool so users can fix the game; I'm pretty sure that's why they are working this way. :)

7. Spin

Spin Active Member

Sounds good. I'll load up AMS right now and see if it still happens. If it happens, I'll report it in the bug thread and I'll also experiment with the AI learning feature to see if that changes anything. Thanks :)

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1