1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max Grid Size

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodders, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can anyone tell me what the maximum grid size is in AMS and if it's a general max or if each track has a limit on the number of players?

Cheers.

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Each track has a specific number: it depends on the number of pit stalls and/or the number of spots on the starting grid.
    In each track folder there is a .gdb file that you can open with Notepad, and inside a line "Max Vehicles =" that tells you the number for this track. You now see this number on the loading screen when you load a track.
    Also each serie now limits the amount of cars you can use, to avoid performance issue.

3. Rodders

Thanks Alex.

4. Rodders

Another kind of related question as I try to fine tune race parameters, does anyone know how to change the setting that brings the safety car out? I'm finding on the Fontana Speedway that it comes out far too easy but went through all the track config files and can't find the setting that controls it.

5. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is not in the track config files, it is in the .srs file so linked to the mod… :)
    Look for those 2 lines:
    SafetyCarRoadMult=2.00
    SafetyCarOvalMult=0.20

Lower numbers -> more full-course yellows, so increase if you want less… I would say in between the 2 above values.
    This was brought in one of the latest update. (There is also a setting in the PLR file but it is set to 1 there; that way each mod can have a different multiplayer. I would suggest to NOT touch the values in the plr…)

6. Rodders

Great thanks Alex. The prob with editing the srs files is you then get mismatches unless everyone has it.

7. Rodders

I discovered I can create a custom dedi server shortcut that over-rides the max players of the car series or tracks:

"AMS Dedicated.exe" +maxplayers <n>

where n is the number of extra players you want.

A couple of observations though.

1) You can set n to only 1 for example and when you get to the track selection screen where you can also set the number of players, the max jumps up to 104 and you can set it to what you want up to this number.
    2) After using my custom shortcut once, I can then just run the normal dedi server shortcut without the +maxplayers option and the max players is still selectable up to 104 players.

I tried to look for a config file that's saved a setting which now allows this but can't find it.

• Informative Informative x 1