1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe there's a huge problem in the physics

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Leclettico, Dec 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

There is a great big problem that is eluding almost everyone, as updates to AMS2 come out.
    Every time a new update comes out I take a car, usually the one that is the most popular at the moment or in the category that gets the most talk, like the GT3, and I do 10 laps.
    5 laps with the standard setup, properly reset.
    5 laps with the suspension setup values all increased. But really all, except the steering angle.
    I did the same with the newly released V1.0.6.2. I take the BMW GT3.
    And there was no appreciable difference in times. Something like 2 tenths more or less in the second stint with the wrong setup compared to the first.
    I mean, I can even make better times with a setup completely out of all logic.
    The behavior of the car changes a bit, but almost only on the rebound after the curbs. The times, however, do not.
    It means that the car is kind of a nub that only reacts to steering, throttle and brake, and everything else is kind of an outer skin that adds some motion and FFB effects.
    Can you guys try it too and give me your feedback?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Im close to agree with you.
    But only close.
    Because eventhough a lot of the setup parameters dont make a lot of difference conserning laptimes - then I honestly dont think this points to a HUGE problem in the AMS2 physics.
    1. Because as you do mention they does make the cars behave slightly different.
    2. My experience (with my prefered cars) tells me that the resulting changes in the behaviour is not unlogical - but about what I would presume the change in the behaviour should be. Eventhough often subtle.:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

In any case, I tested the same on ACC and I would have expected to have an undriveable car using the wrong setup; instead I was 2 or 3 tenths slower in every lap of the second stint, except the last one: when I made the record of the whole session. (!)
    So I have to retract my thread.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

What did I say? :p

5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

So you make random setup changes not knowing what they do or why, can’t improve your laptime and this proves there are no physics behind AMS2?

Yes. A retraction is in order.

• Agree Agree x 1