Menu/Display and triple screens

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Mark Pelto, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Mark Pelto

Mark Pelto New Member AMS2 Club Member

When in any menu screen on my triple-monitor setup, the side monitors display a bright white blank image. Is there a way to change/fix this? Its so bright that its uncomfortable and disorienting...

Attached Files:

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

For now just select another SweetFX preset on Config Tool. I don't remember which has white screens or which doesn't. Try a few.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mark Pelto

Mark Pelto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice, thanks. I switched it from default to original and they're now black.

4. Micha daWave

Micha daWave New Member

for me the white is not just fullscreen white but its painting some random images on both outer screens, kind of burning inside my screens because these paintings sometimes resist the game ending and keep on flashing on my desktop, even after some reboots they still exist. After about 1 hour they slowly disappear. PUH, first i thought reiza crashed my screens.

5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

White screens with grey contours of what you would see while driving. And flickering all the time. FPS counter present but unreadable and a Little steam window (that normally goes away after a few seconds) multiplies itself and shows like several windows behind each other.
    As soon as I start driving, all is OK though.
    Just found this topic, so I will try to fiddle with the Sweet FX settings...

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Some more info: I tried different Sweet FX settings to no avail.
    To illustrate, this are he screens I get (if these are normal in game, please tell me that too, I'm new to the sim and still discovering stuff):

Start a practice (side screens white, the left screen shows a black vertical line, FPS counter left bottom, Steam overlay window right bottom corner, both of them not looking as they should)

[​IMG]

FPS counter detail:
    [​IMG]
    Steam window (flickering) detail:

[​IMG]

When driving, cockpit view looks OK, apart from the rear view mirror that seems to be directed to the passenger seat (?). Also I can't manage to get some parts of the HUD on the side monitors (unless I get the white screen - see later).

[​IMG]

When I want to stop driving, I hit ESC (is there another way ?) and get this, which I still think might be OK ?

[​IMG]

But when I want to change car settings, this is the result:
    Picture can't show it, but the screen (as are the following white screens) flickers very fast.

[​IMG]

And from there I can't do anything but hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, click task manager and after that I'm back in the game (music stays on all the time) in the car settings menu.
    I have read the manual on Steam, several topics on the forum, tried all kinds of settings on my side, checked integrity on Steam, re-installed from scratch three times...but no change.

Yesterday I got this screen (in stead of two plain white side monitors:

[​IMG]

Also: this above screen shows certain HUD elements on the side windows, which I would like to have when I am driving...but can't manage to get them there.

Nvidia 980GTX and three BENQ 27" 144 Hz - 1 Ms monitors, Win10 Pro (Anniv. update)
    Thanks for helping, all info is welcome ;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  7. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried widescreen ui setting in the options?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

No, the box is greyed out in the AMS config window ?
    Or am I missing a way to access the settings ?

9. RWB Charger

Odd, try going into your config folder in your steam SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Config.ini there is a setting there for custom resolution, set it to your screens res, also there is a setting for multiview change it from 0 to 2 should sort that warping thing out with the mirror, I'm not at my rig at the moment but if you can't find it I'll check later.

10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

I found config settings in that path (only these). With notepad I get this (part of the complete text):

MasterPlayerFile=
    CPURating=5
    SystemRAM=2044
    VideoRAM=4064
    ObjDetail=1
    TexDetail=1
    VideoGUID=D7B71E3E-5488-11CF-E46F-5C311BC2D835
    VideoDriver=0
    VideoMode=146
    VideoRefresh=5
    WindowedMode=0
    WindowBorders=0
    RunBenchmarks=1
    FSAA=0
    VSync=1
    ShaderLevel=3
    SubViews=2
    WidescreenUI=1
    CustomVidRes=(0, 0)
    MinimumVidRes=(800, 600)
    MaximumVidRes=(8000, 6000)

Not sure what I can/should/may change here (not a real PC wizzard here :oops:)
    Thanks for helping btw...

11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

:D

12. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Very helpful, thanks...;)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  13. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Ops sorry, before posting difficult or tech sentences (eng isn't my native language) I am used to write on a .txt file my answer but ctrl+v didn't work this time lol, btw you should change the 0,0 with your screen resolution and save (short answer)

14. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Ah, thanks, will give that a try. That is probably what @RWB Charger implied ?

15. RWB Charger

Yes, put in the resolution that is corrected by bezel correction, if you have 3 x 1920x1080 you will be around 5760x1080 but it may be more just put in what windows is set to.

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Right, tried changing the values to my Nvidia settings: 6060, 1080 but that did not Make a difference. Not sure which is the multiview part ?

17. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

i find it frankly disappointing that no Reiza support shows up here to help for multiscreen setup...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RWB Charger

Sub views as you have above is 2 which should be right try it on 0, also before launching the game right clock on AMS in your Steam library on go to configuration tool, see what is ticked in there, try windowed mode and see if widescreen ui is ticked?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Going to try 0 in sub views, did try windowed in the config tool before,but widescreen ui stays grey, whatever I do...

I do however keep getting a window that says the AMS config utility does not work anymore ---> close the program.
    I got this window from the first time I started AMS, and it keeps coming, even after re-installing several times. No idea what's wrong here either...

20. RWB Charger

Ah that could be a problem, I have triples but mismatched and set the resolution to custom and windowed, shift across 3 and then use no borders, I then set ui to widescreen and it fills the 3 screens.
    I don't know why that config tool would do that after a reinstall, normally after a reinstall it's the first thing that pops up when you start the game?
    IIRC there is a widescreen ui option in the main settings in the game?