Minimum force option?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Kapten_zoom, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Kapten_zoom

Kapten_zoom New Member

Hi all!

Was wondering if it is possible to put a minimum force on the ffb? I would like it to be a little bit stronger in slower corners where i think it gets a little bit too weak. :) this is mainly for the formula extreme :)

2. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a setting in the controller.ini, unfortunately I'm not at my game computer so can't tell you what it is. I do know that you have to use it judiciously otherwise you get some weird effects.

The other thing you can try is increasing the caster for the car in the garage settings, this can increase the wheel weight significantly in slow corners.

3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From the Steam discussions

I have noticed some people complaining of a massive hole in the FFB with G27 wheel.
    The way I fixed it is to download a small app called wheelcheck.exe and check your wheel's "Min Force" setting, mine is 14.5% by the way.
    Then edit your controller.ini and change the FFB steer force neutral function from "0.00000" to "0.14500" (in my case) which is 14.5% as a decimal. If your wheel Min Force is 8.5% then change it to "0.08500" for example. Then save the file and the hole in your FFB should have gone. I actually set mine at 0.13500 to give a small amount of leeway to prevent overcompensating.

You can also improve the feel of FFB further by removing the default FFB deadzone which is meant to prevent wheel oscillation. Edit this line in controller.ini FFB steer force neutral range="0.04500" and change it to "0.00000". You might have to increase this slightly if you get wheel oscillation but mine works fine set at zero.

If anybody wants more detail about this let me know. This works for me but obviously there are differences in PCs and wheels which means it might not work for you, but give it a try and let me know if it improves FFB for you.

Cheers
    GLYGOO

• Like Like x 1
  4. beorn2

beorn2 Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi. You can use the 'real feel ' adjustment. It's the easiest way to adjust ffb settings without editing files etc. Hope this helps

Attached Files:

5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@ beorn2

How can i set minimum force value with this plugin?
    And can i adjust the FFB deadzone using this?
    I don't understand how the keys refer to the values in the controller.ini

Thanks

6. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

u cant. both. your suggestions are the only ones

7. Kapten_zoom

Kapten_zoom New Member

Thanks for all the replies! I think i might remove the default deadzon then. Its not really a problem with a "gap" in the wheel, i use the thrustmaster tx rw leather wheel. All i really want to do is to get a better feel in slower corners, in faster corners the FFB is perfect, in slower corners abit too weak and you cannot get the same feel as in faster corners. :)

8. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021