1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding the GUI

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by Andreas van Wingerden, May 2, 2023.

1. Andreas van Wingerden

Andreas van Wingerden New Member AMS2 Club Member

Seeing all these nice liveries I would really like to include a way to customize the GUI icons but I do not seem to be able to. When I copy in a homemade icon into the GUI folder and name it according to the vehicle class it completly gets ignored. When I look at the mod cars they put the icon there as well and those do get picked up inside the game. Am I doing something wrong or is VehicleClassLogos not the right location to place these custom icons ?

2. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you trying to change the logo for a mod, or for one of the Reiza series?
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can just swap one in for an existing Reiza series, but it does work fine as you described for a mod if the .dds file's name in the mod's gui/vehicleclasslogos folder is the same as the vehicle class specified in the mod's .crd file.

3. Andreas van Wingerden

Andreas van Wingerden New Member AMS2 Club Member

I am indeed trying to change the Reiza series icons and indeed I found out that just replacing the icon in the GUI folder doesn't work. I just would like to know if it is indeed impossible or just that theres's a way I haven't found jet to.