1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motion rig getting abrupt movements

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by steve montuno, Jan 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

Ok so i was just wondering if some of you guys with motion rigs are also getting thrown around in your seats at various times ,,,,,The main times its happening is lets say if racing with auto pits enabled (online lobbies) , when exiting the pits as soon as you cross the line it throws you around in your seat in a violent spasm for a split second ,,,

Also if your car happens to get flipped its like the motion goes into a crazy fit like spasm ,,,as though the telemetry data is struggling to work out what's going on and doesn't stop till your back in the pits ,,

Just interested if others folks with motion are experiencing these anomalies and if its been discussed before ?

2. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I experience the same. It happens when control is handed over to the player after auto pits, rolling starts and so on. I think telemetry broadcast is turned off when in auto mode, and the sudden movement happens when telemetry broadcast starts.

I have mapped a button on my wheel to pause my motion (Next Level v3), so I try to pause it before every pit stop, race start and so on.

I have also asked Next Level Racing to look into adding an auto-pause option to their motion platform software.

• Like Like x 2
  3. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

Do you know if the AMS2 Dev's know about this problem ? ,,,,i love playing this game but im finding myself bracing for the pit handover before i get violently flung around in my seat or frantically trying to escape back to pits if my car flips ,,

It would be nice to know if it's going to be in a fix at some point ,,,,do you know if this issue has been raised before in the past @torsteinvh

4. torsteinvh

I can't remember seeing anything about it before.
    I guess one possible fix could be to gradually increase telemetry output the first few seconds, but that would affect everything using telemetry data such as external displays as well.
    That could create all sorts of other problems.

5. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

To me it seems as though there is just a spike in the telemetry at those certain points,,,,, i never played Pcar2 but do you know if it had the same bug with motion rigs or is it just an AMS2 thing?

6. torsteinvh

Same in PC2.
    Can't remember how it is in ACC, haven't driven that one in a while. AMS2 is too good :)

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I recently experienced some abrupt movements while in the garage. Once I engage first gear, the movement subsides (D-Box).

I believe it only happened in one car, may have been the Merc GT1. Some other similar cases seem to have been solved with car updates in the past so I think it may be more of an issue with newer content.

8. torsteinvh

With the Next Level Racing v3 it happens with all cars (to a various degree) everytime control is passed from the computer to the human player.

9. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i think telemetry should start the moment you press start in pit.
    Regardless you drive yourself or AI.