1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving gt3 cars from PC2 to AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Mike Cervantes, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Mike Cervantes

Mike Cervantes New Member

I seen a couple videos on YouTube where people have ported the gt3 cars from project cars 2 and are using them in automobilista 2 while playing offline. Now that we have a custom championship mode, I would love to be able to play with a full field of gt3 cars too. I was wondering if anyone knows how to do that and could help me out? I do own project cars 2 so I hope that makes it ok. it sucks playing championships with 4 or 5 cars.
    Thank you.

2. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Could be wrong but pretty sure it's not that simple. Maybe you are referring to the mods that are out there? In which case it takes a lot of knowledge and effort to achieve.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike Cervantes

You’re right it’s not that simple
    I’ve downloaded all the mods for both PC2 and AMS2 and they are amazing!! Unfortunately I couldn’t get mods from pc2 to work in ams2. After about 15 hours I gave up. This guy figured it out, but ofcourse won’t share and turned comments off. Probably just posted video to make us jealous.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's quite impressive seeing all those cars in the game, quite a tease that guy, showing that without any feedback, LOL.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mike Cervantes

Very Impressive! I wish we all could be experiencing it right now!
    I enjoy RF2 and ACC, but since the last update I feel AMS2 has really separated itself from the pack. Especially for those of us that play in VR! Once Reiza fills out the classes I’ll never need another sim. Or if that guy sees this post and decides to share with us

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mansell

mansell Member

"moving" cars (or other -licenced- content) from PC2 (or any other game) to AMS2 (or any other game) is illegal.
    i guess thats why the guy on the vid gives no info and disabled the comments.

if the guy share with us, then maybe reiza will never fill the classes with licenced content because everyone could do this for free by stealing all PC2 (or other games) licenced content and add it to AMS2...

inb4lock

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Mazdaspeed

This is a very grey and sensistive topic, a lot of mods that are used for a lot of games are "conversions" of licensed stuff from other games, and since both PC1 and PC2 have been delisted it's even more gray in that sense. I believe the real issue is to resell those assets to gain a profit. Obviously this would not help Reiza as you say because it's content they could sell themselves.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sorry, but your underlying logic here reduces Reiza's work to a simple "move content from PC2 to AMS2".

9. mansell

mansell Member

those mods are also illegal (read kunos opinion about mods, i really hope reiza think the same about them)
    and "moving" (sic) a ferrari or an audi from one game (even if its now unlisted*) to another, as the guy in the vid done, is 100% illegal, nothing grey about it. only black

*in fact, the reason PC2 is unlisted is that some licences ended and the developers wouldn't pay to renew them. and some people here, trying to find ways to copy/paste this content to AMS2?
    im quite surprized this thread isn't locked yet TBH...

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. mansell

mansell Member

not my intention mate. althought reiza said there is content and futures from PC2 (long beach and the rating system comes in mind, correct me if im wrong) in AMS2, most content is either 100% reizas content or -MAYBE- some conversions that reiza worked hard to improve and polish. all legal, permited and/or licenced

i was replying to "Once Reiza fills out the classes I’ll never need another sim. OR if that guy sees this post and decides to share with us"
    english is not my native language and maybe i didnt got that OR well, but i not mean what you think for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mazdaspeed

Well you have valid points, however let's say you legaly bought PC1 and PC2, and you "converted" some assets of 2 not available for sale games to AMS2 and gained no profit or anything from it, other than enjoy them on a better platform. I dont see that as "stealing", that's where the grey issue comes, people will have different interpretations on how acceptable that is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yet the ONLY reason AC is relevant today is because of them. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. mansell

mansell Member

a lot of AC (and AMS1, rF2) mods are not conversions or but original content mod teams created. some of the creators hired from studios to work as devs. i think reiza hired too.

there are lot of converted and stolen material though in AC and in other games that support moding. kunos had codemned it (aris and marco said a lot of times the problems they had and still have because of this material with other developers, with car manufacturers and with track owners) and i hope reiza (in fact, im sure, they was legal modders for years and know both grey and black areas much more than we do) will do the same.

IMHO the reason AC is so popular in 2023 (it brakes its popularity record on steam every month last year, 8 years after release) is not ONLY the mods: mods existed since the begining yet last week AC is more popular than ever and also other games with mods are not that popular. so its not ONLY mods...
    sure mods is a big part but why only AC mods (grey, black or white) are so popular?

14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

If you use the assets for your own personal enjoyment, realistically, nobody will care. That doesn't change the fact that it's still illegal because the end user agreements of both PC1 and PC2 prohibit you of reusing the assets outside of the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Because modders have fixed all the issues and added things Kunos never did. Really? you think it would be as popular without all the things that have been added or the fact the car and track list is as big as it is? Its not because the vanilla game was so great.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. mansell

mansell Member

i repeat: those things you mention (moders fixed the game they add features and content etc) and you are right, existing since years in AC. yet, these past months is more popular than ever. way more popular than the time CM and SOL and CSP and custom apps and tools introduced, way more popular than when its best cars and tracks mods released, more popular than any time the game was on sale for pennies and more popular than the covid times.

i -off course- agree that mods is the main reason for this popularity but its not the only reason as the guy i was replying to said (in capital letters)
    i dont think there are people in simracing that could even think that AC could be that popular without the mods. but, the facts and numbers shows that other sims can't even dream half of AC's popularity (in 2023) no matter what mods or what official content they have or will get.
    vanilla AC proved a great base for all modders to do their thing, seems that other games in the genre are not. ;)
    i hope i made my self clear now and sorry again for my bad english :cool:

17. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The legit mods you speak of (CM, Sol, Pure, etc.) have expanded the scope of the game and have allowed it to grow way beyond Kunos' original vision. That expansion is responsible for the creation of new sub-genres in sim-racing, such as non-arcade drifting and non-arcade cruising/open-world racing. Even with just Kunos cars that's amazing. However...the people into those scenes are very different from the typical sim-racing crowd that only gets mods from race department.

Check the top servers, they aren't running RSS cars...don't get me wrong, I know the standard sim-racing forum answer is to "stick to high-quality, scratch-made mods" but last time I checked, they weren't making many JDM street cars (or any tuned road cars in general) and it's clear there is a market for something more advanced than GT/Forza. Shutoko in VR with a JDM beast is pretty cool tbh...

Either way, Kunos has to pretend to care to appease the license holders, even though they directly benefit from the "other" mods through additional sales of AC. Everyone involved with the "legit" mods benefits from the other kind as well, since more players = more potential patrons...

To me, the biggest issue regarding mods is when people are selling mods which are not theirs. People have had their mods taken, encrypted and put on sale. I'm all for scratch-made content being for sale but if you're using assets from anywhere else, it should be free.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Mazdaspeed

AC is very similar to the Elder Scroll games, they are good on their own, but its the mod community that give them their true value and longevity. The newfound popularity in AC is as TronLi pointed, due to the free roaming city, fast and the furious style mods that are the rage in Youtube videos. So yes, AC is more popular than ever due to mods.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. mansell

mansell Member

again, shutoku project, FnF style mods and (much more) YT vids existed long time ago. all time AC population record in steam is one week old. see here how popular it gets last months without any special reason. https://steamdb.info/app/244210/charts/

BTW and because numbers dont lie, ATM (01:00 CET) in the only place i can check for tracks and cars in AC (CM servers browser) the first page of the most popular servers has 15 servers all with more than 20 players in them. about 330 players online in first page only.
    tracks and cars? first 11 most popular servers running kunos tracks and cars (nords, spa, monza) then 3 shotoku servers and 15th again nords with kunos cars. 14 servers are european and one from US
    thats numbers not opinions or assumptions. in just one page of the servers browser
    for reffering, at the same time, AMS2 (not too much mods, big amount of reiza content) has 431 players in total on steam and rF2 (plenty of good mods, good amount of licenced content) has 359. these are both offline and online figures, even if someone has open those games to troubleshoot them, is in those numbers.
    again, im not saying that most AC players playing kunos content. but facts and numbers are there to show that its not only mods that made this game so popular
    i rest my case and sorry for my off topics guys.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The rise in AC's popularity atm is 2 fold...

1... The mods that just keep coming keep the those who never left coming back...

2... The faults of the other big sims have been shining ever brighter over the past 3 months giving people reasons to look around at the other options...

Add in the leagues that are leaving ACC for AC for variety and because participation has been waning and you've got a lot of people looking around to see what is available and finding the many gems that AC mods have to offer...