1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOZA HGP Shifter assignment error [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by lianjieyiqie, Feb 28, 2023.

1. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Today, I just got MOZA's new product HGP Shifter. I can't wait to open AMS2 to bind keys. However, Gear 4-7 cannot be recognized and assigned.
    Then I opened rFactor2 (and Raceroom) and tried it successfully. I found that Gear4-7 corresponds to B113-B116.
    Is B100+beyond the scope of AMS2?
    I also tried AMS1 and found that it was not good. Isn't AMS1 also an RF-based engine?
    20230228_205928.jpg 20230228205642_1.jpg 20230228205955_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. lianjieyiqie

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the report, forwarded!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ticars

ticars New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having the same issue. Is there a workaround/fix for this (short of driving a 3 speed)?

5. lianjieyiqie

The day after I posted this thread, Moza released the driver, and the numbers corresponding to all gears became smaller, making it possible to use it normally. Therefore, I suggest you install the MOZA PitHouse and update the driver.
    魔爪第二天就发布了新驱动,所以在MOZA PitHouse里更新一下驱动就好了。更新完之后,所有档位对应的数字都变小了很多,就能正常使用了。

• Like Like x 1
  6. ticars

I did see that there was a new driver available, but for the life of me couldn't figure out how to update it via PitHouse. If that's the answer, then I'll take another crack at it. Thanks for helping!

7. ticars

In case anyone else runs into the issue with updating the firmware, it looks (to me) like it's a bug with the Moza Pit House software version I had installed. I had version 1.2.0.110 installed, I went back to version 1.2.0.99 and was able to update the firmware.

Hopefully the updated firmware fixes the AMS2 compatibility issue.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Now all they need is to get the industry standard auto-rotation feature for their wheels into the firmware and software and the whole kit will be awesome!!!!

9. lianjieyiqie

These are the steps that need to be clicked, but generally, PitHouse will automatically check for updates when it starts, and will be marked with a red dot, if any. So just go to this page and click the button in the third image.
    If moza PitHouse does not detect any updates, it is recommended to update it or reinstall it, or change the network environment and try again
    20.png 21.png 22.png

10. lianjieyiqie

AMS2 is a very good game, and almost all devices support automatic rotation. What cannot be achieved is actually R3E:D, but automatic rotation of the Moza Base can also be achieved through two steps. If there is any need, I can send it under this thread.
    The problem with this thread is that HGP Shifter has just been released and has not yet updated its firmware, resulting in a particularly large number of buttons corresponding to several gears, which exceeds the support range of AMS2. However, MOZA soon released a new firmware and solved the problem of a very large number

11. Marc Collins

Please PM me the auto-rotation info if you could.

12. lianjieyiqie

Step 1: >>R3E/Game/GameData/General/ steering_wheels.xml.
    search "MOZA",false-true-true-true.
    Step 2: >>My Docunents/My Games/SimBin/R3E/UserData/ControlSet/****.rcs
    search "spring based", 0 to 1
    Step 3: In-Game Option/Video/Advanced Steering Animation = Match Setup.
    Screenshot_20230323_004415.png Screenshot_20230323_004445.png Screenshot_20230323_004510.png Screenshot_20230323_004625.png

13. Marc Collins

So the capability is there, but you have to manually edit configuration files to enable it!?!?! Why wouldn't MOZA just include this as an option in the normal control panel?

Thanks, though, for the info!!

14. lianjieyiqie

This is about R3E, not about MOZA. You can find dozens of profiles in the game directory. These are all steering wheels supported by R3E, but only a few support automatic rotation by default. These can only be solved by R3E developers.:)
    However, it may take a long time. There is still a bug that cannot obtain the correct steering angle, and I don't know when it can be resolved.:)

15. Marc Collins

Sorry I was looking right "past" that. Only concerned if it works in AMS 2 or generally in games. If only one has a problem (R3E), not too concerned. My understanding was that MOZA wheels do not (yet) support auto rotation the way Fanatec does.

16. Ben Ho

Ben Ho Member

Why is it in chinese

17. lianjieyiqie

I wanted to test if I could send a second language at that time:p

18. lianjieyiqie

Moza has recently started selling SGP, but it cannot be connected to the base together with HGP for use.
    Because when HGP is connected to the base, the button range is 113-120, while when SGP is connected to the base, the button range is 113-117. Their numbers have duplicate issues, so they cannot be connected to the base together.
    The solution is to connect one device to the base and then another to the PC. Or both can be connected to a PC.
    Because the maximum number of buttons is only 128, and in the future they will have new devices (have higher priority) that require several numbers, they do not want to set the SGP button range to 121-125 now. I have already given Moza feedback on my ideas to solve the problem, but I don't know if they will adopt them.
    Returning to the main point, even if one day SGP and HGP can be connected to the base together, they cannot be used in AMS2 because the game cannot recognize such large numbers. I don't know which number the game just started not recognizing.
    But at least 113 cannot be recognized by AMS2. A while ago, I was very curious and installed AMS1 for testing, and I found that it didn't work either. So this should only be a unique issue for the AMS series.
    Moza recently updated all the bases, which now have 5 sockets. So pedals, handbrake, sequential gear, and H gear can all be connected to the base. I hope this problem can be solved.

19. lianjieyiqie

Although the title of this thread was noted as [solved] a long time ago, the real problem has not been solved yet.

20. Marc Collins

I would not jump to this conclusion because the AMS and AMS 2 controller handling is quite different. AMS could be similar to many other rFactor/ISI-based games.