1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Multiple inputs Detected] Problem when trying to assign controls

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by José Llamas, Feb 13, 2022.

1. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

The game says "Multiple inputs detected" and I can't assign the steering rotation of my SimuCuBE SC2 Pro steering wheel. I disabled the Steam controls, verified integrity cache, deleted "savegame" folder, reinstalled the game..., and no solved yet. :(

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, please try this solution:

• Like Like x 5
  3. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Thank you a lot, turning the steering in the direction over 200° and back to center rapidly I solved the problem. Many thanks!!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A simpler way is to go all the way to the end on one side and release immediately the wheel as soon as you hit the stopper. That is how I do it usually.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Yeah, exactly. I didn't explain very well, sorry for my English. You explained correctly. You have to do a fast assign, instead you don't get the control assigned in the exact moment that it should be, but you get the assignment finally when you turn back the steering wheel to center. It's magical. :D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I reduce the steering angle in True Drive to something low, about 120 degrees, assign steering axis seems easier than.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Adding my feedback as well if it can help as well.

I have a accuforce V2 and had the same problem. I end Up with the same solution as SaxHohare.
    I reduced the max angle on simcommander from 900 to 500 then assign the axes and then set back the angle to 900 deg when done and it Worked fine.

I did notice the default max angle was seen as around 540 deg by simcommander at installation ( red Line on both axes).

• Like Like x 2
  8. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

After the latest update, my Fanatec GT DDpro wheel base is doing the same thing. It was working fine, I had been hacking around with Assetto Corsa, and came back to AMS2 to find it not working. Multiple inputs detected occurs, but I can get the pedals (CSV3) which are plugged through the wheel base work fine, but they were again undefined.

9. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

After setting the limit to 120 and assigning, I got it to recognize the wheel.

The shifters are not working IN game. They assign, and are recognized when assigned, but do not shift on track.
    Anyone seeing this?

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Use Wheel Make: "Custom" in the controls settings. You need to map the whole controls set manually, but it works around that issue.

11. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Thanks for the reply, it all worked perfectly a week ago. Took a week off and now it does not work. Why do I need to remap it to a non fanatec wheel? Btw when I tried that option initially it did not recognize the wheel at all. Also what is the impact on my custom force feed back that I spent weeks tweaking?

12. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

I Setup a generic wheel as suggested and it does work but the ffb is not the same.
    On the preset “fanatec wheel and separate pedals” I can get to work and the ffb is good. However it ONLY shifts with the fanatec shifter and not the button 4/5 paddle shifters IN Game. they are recognized when they are assigned. Something is stomping on them in the game if the h pattern shifter is working.

13. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

With the accuforce V2 you cannot use the H shifter and at the same Time the paddle shift if the car is designed to have a H pattern gear box. I have to change game option to force paddle shift but then the H gearbox doesn't work anymore. Which make sens for me.

If I understand correctly what you Said.

14. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Can we not get an updated prese
    You did understand. However, it worked previously before the update. The initial issue was that it would not recognize the wheel definition.
    Where is the option to disable the H shifter?

15. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I did a Quick check and cannot retrieve the game option I was saying... Maybe I m confused with another game.

As an alternative you could create an another user Config where you have not defined a H input.
    This is pretty easy to switch from one to an other one. Is this Works ?

I don t know why you don t want to use the H gearbox with a H designed car but what I could forseen is the issue with the clutch pedal in manual mode. You could set clutch to auto and still use the H gearbox.
    I do that sometimes with the C9 Sauber that have the annoying behavior to block rear Drive train if you down shift too quickly. With auto Clutch it doesn't happend disregarding how fast you down shift.

16. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

I think you are thinking of AC which has that option to turn off the H. Which is also annoying as you cannot change it in game. ie. you forgot to turn it on and you are already on track. Then you have to back all the way out of the game to turn it on or off. So that is why I want both enabled in all cars.
    Same with the wheel. should not have to back off the starting line in an F1 car because I forgot to turn the wheel on to see the ingame display. but I digress...

17. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Follow up: After some testing: my default wheel settings only work with the H shifter, no matter what car. (funny shifting a F1 car with a Stick)...
    Assigning the shifter in the game to a different keyboard key, is the same. Recognized at assignment and not on track.

Sorry if I hijacked this thread. This all stems from the issue of assignments not working properly for no reason and seeing multi input error.

18. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Well technically the F1 had H gearbox until 90's.

This is odd. I only had issue with steering axes assignement.

Are all yours USB on a native motherboard port ? ( Not an extension card ?)

Last BIOS ?
    This could be irrevelant as you have the same problem if only mapped to keyboard Keys.

W10 or W11 ?

Did you try a fresh install of AMS2 ? Folder in My document deleted as well ( or renamed for backup)

19. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

I will do some more testing this evening. If you do a fresh install, what happens to your updates such as skins, custom FFB files, and DLC's?

20. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

DLC is part of the installation, at least for the official one.

All customs files are usually under the my documents AMS2 folder, this is why I Said to rename it so you can cross compare files after

I dunmo for the extra skins you ve installed but I guess if you have install Them afterward you know how to put Them back