My G27 is always 900degrees now.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Schlitty, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolbox so I don't know how long I've had this issue but my wheel (Logitech G27) no longer soft locks or changes ranges or whatever to each vehicle's steering. Basically every car's steering is saturated to 900degrees of rotation.

I have the newest Logitech drivers.
    I have done a fresh uninstall/reinstall of the drivers.
    The wheel and Logitech software is working normal in all other games I play.
    I have my Logitech Software settings and my in-game settings set exactly according to the AMS manual.
    I've never edited a file or changed a steering setting before.
    Only mods I have is I have all of Patrick's tracks and the CART Extreme mod installed.

This was my favorite feature about Automobilista was how easy it was to access for a dummy like me. I plugged my wheel in, started AMS, and things just worked! Now I have to manually set steering ranges. Makes me a sad(der) little man.

Any help, ideas, or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

1) Are you sure that on the Profiler the wheel is detected as the G27 ? On Windows 10, a lot of people mentioned a windows update that messed up the detection of the wheel and it started listing it as the DFGT.

2) Are you running the game as Admin ? If so, there are issues with the profiler not being able to detect the game!

3. Schlitty

I've had that Driving Force issue as well. But I've freshly reinstalled everything as I mentioned and it is showing as a G27. All the buttons work etc. And the profiles I make for other games like say DiRT Rally or whatever, all work 100% correctly still. Its just AMS I'm having issues with.

I'm not going out of my way to launch the game as admin or anything. Just running it through Steam. I've even launched it via the Logitech software during my troubleshooting.

4. OldDarth

OldDarth Member AMS2 Club Member

There's an option in the Control setup to override the steering lock. It should turned off - sorry not in front of my rig at the moment. I'll update later when I am.

5. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the exact same problem, so I uninstalled the logitech drivers, download and install them again, restart my pc and problem solved.

6. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi. Did you allowed the option on your driver profile to let the game adjust the settings? Probably got off when you had the DFGT issue (i had it twice).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Schlitty

Thanks for the efforts and replies. And sorry for the delayed response from me; A few days after my last post I ended up doing Logitech's WheelDriverCleaner.exe as well as manually hunting down all traces of Logitech drivers or listings in Device Manger. Then did another fresh install where I did a tip I read on a random Logitech forum post involving manually installing a certain file that supposedly does something. And everything has been 100% since. It was most definitely a Logitech and/or W10 issue. I can break down all my steps if someone else is having the issue some time, just bump the thread or message me. Thanks again folks!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Henrique Morato

Henrique Morato New Member AMS2 Club Member

HI!
    I know it has been a while for you (almost two years) but could you help me?
    I'm having the same issue since the last windows update :/

I'm going to follow your steps, where can I get that file fix?

Thanks!

9. Schlitty

Hello, I couldn't dig up my full instructions in a post anywhere (might be on RaceDepartment) but here's a quick pastebin copy of a text I wrote up a year or two back that I've sent people of what I do. I over explain things but try to explain everything... Or something. This worked for me for years with my G27 never failing or reverting, and then has worked again any time I've had to reinstall Windows 10 or gotten a new PC. Its probably got one or two extra steps but it works. Good luck!

Logitech made a new software for the G29 and 920 wheels and the G27 still uses - Pastebin.com

Edit: I just double checked the wheelcleaner and driver links and they're still good. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018