1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My personal wishlist and a possible USP: TV broadcast overlay & session highlights

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by mille_eintausend, Sep 14, 2022.

1. mille_eintausend

mille_eintausend New Member

I'm new in the sim racing game and I consider myself a filthy casual who enjoys casual driving and racing with others or against AI. All sims nowadays have terribe menus and navigation, boring presentation and it always made me feel deteched from the motorsport world.

I have two wishes for the future and these would go hand in hand with a possible career mode someday:

#1: One or several TV broadcast overlays with standings/split times like we used to have in singleplayer games like DTM/Toca Rce Driver or F1 games. It would add to the immersion and there would be unlimited possibilities if modable and depending on the class and racing series + options for private leagues/cups/competitions.

#2: Using deep learning to analyse a session replay and create highlight videos of every session. This could be perfectly combined with #1 with little to no effort for the user. The deep learing system would analyse on-screen details (overtakes, split times, contact, failures, pitstops, tire wear and fuel, flags and penalties) and based on that automatically create a video summary of whole sessions/races from one or even all relevant cars.

I know it's wishful thinking but things like analysis of videos to create highlight reels already exists for content creators out there (Athenascope being the best one, unfortunatelly discontinued) and boradcast overlays while monitoring is something that should be way easier and would add a lot to the atmosphere.

I would see it as a chance for AMS 2 to stand out even more and don't be a sterile experience like many other sims out there are.

That's all. Man, I love this game.

2. mille_eintausend

mille_eintausend New Member

Yeah... Well, I have found the feature request thread now. :/ Sorry. Mods, delete this.

• Friendly Friendly x 1