1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No engine sound when using exterior cams

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Gperroud, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Gperroud

Gperroud New Member

Hi,
    On most of the cars and especially with open wheels cars, I get the engine sound only when using views outside the cockpit. Inside I have all the other env. sounds but not the engine’s.
    And on replays helmet, arms and hands pilot move like crazy.
    Except this everything works fine.
    I re-installed the game and also had a files integrity check without improvement.
    Keep up the good work !!
    Thxs!!
    Gilles

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gperroud

Gperroud New Member

3. LexTiGeR

LexTiGeR New Member

Same problem.. no engine sound with any cockpits camera :'(
    Outside engine is OK.

Thanks,

Alex.

4. RoustMcGoust

RoustMcGoust New Member

Same problem here! There seem to be a few threads popping up on the steam forums about this. Open wheel cars and closed cockpit cars.

I also experience further problems - when using VR, and I turn my head to the left, I begin to hear a bit of the engine sound over the wind... but out of the right ear! And vice versa.

When I press the "look back" button I can hear the engine sound, so I know it's there... just can't hear it in normal views :(

5. Pyney

Pyney New Member

Hi all , same problems with sound for me also , works on headset better for me , setting my 5.1 speakers to 2.1 I now have sound on all camera views , cockpit seems muffled and wind noise is overpowering , using creative soundblaster card

6. PlayerOne

PlayerOne New Member

I have sound in cockpit and helmet, but it comes virtually from the front. When I turn my head with VR headset to the right the sounds gets louder in the left headphone and vice versa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gperroud

Gperroud New Member

Problem solved : my Realtek HD audio manager apparently switched to 5.1 Speaker Configuration. I set it back to Stereo and now audio is working 100%
    Only the pilot in replay mode still moves like crazy, but no big deal
    Check your audio configuration and make sure you are set on Stereo or try to tweak it to get it solved.
    Btw the FFB and driving feel is really cool, maybe the best (I know still space for impr.) but very sexy FFB !!! Love it !!! and I love PC2, RRE and AC/ACC, but I must say there is someting extra here. Could have been PC3 :) Txs to REIZA !!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use headphones in stereo mode and I only get engine sounds in external cameras, unfortunately between no sound and crazy braking I am going to have to put AMS2 on ice until these two things are sorted. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RoustMcGoust

RoustMcGoust New Member

This is exactly what I have been experiencing. I am going to boot up the game now and try Gperroud's work around, but I'm pretty sure my settings have already been correct for headphones. I'll come back here and report what happens.

10. RoustMcGoust

RoustMcGoust New Member

Alright, so I tried a closed-cockpit and open-cockpit car and both of them improved after making sure my Realtek HD Audio Manager was set to "Stereo". It had gotten set to 5.1 for some reason. I have never had a problem in other games, so not sure why I wasn't having problems before this if it was set to 5.1 the whole time... or maybe the game/my oculus prompted it to be set to 5.1? Who knows. Regardless, I definitely recommend checking your audio manager software (in my case Realtek HD) and making sure it is on stereo mode.

However, this does not fix all problems. I am still experiencing the same problem as F1Aussie above. The engine sound sounds like it's originating from the very very tip of the nose of the car, which normally isn't that noticable, but very noticable when in VR and turning your head. I turn my head to the left, engine sound comes out of the right ear, even in a mid-engined/rear-engined car... very strange.

Thank you Gperroud for finding a work-around for the wind-noise only problem. Hopefully the other sound issues get resolved soon.

11. RoustMcGoust

RoustMcGoust New Member

Oops, I meant to write that I am still experiencing the same problem as "PlayerOne" above. For F1Aussie, I recommend checking your Realtek HD Audio Manager if your computer uses that... perhaps Gperroud's solution can help you too.

12. F1Aussie

I use an audigy sound card for my headphones as the onboard Realtek runs my shakers. I am already in stereo mode in my headphones.
    Thanks anyway

13. RoustMcGoust

RoustMcGoust New Member

Np mate, hopefully they fix your issue soon. Bit of a rough launch, even for EA.

14. F1Aussie

Thanks, yes, unfortunately the sound, of lack thereof makes it impossible for me to play at the moment unless I want to use a roof or behind the car view.

15. F1Aussie

So did a test and engine sounds are normal through speakers but when I use headphones I only get sound through external cameras but not onboard.
    No idea why that would be, I have never come across an issue like this in any other sim, I dont get why it would just happen to those cameras / views and only with headphones.

16. Alessandro Gamberini

Alessandro Gamberini simracing manager @ DRIVINGITALIA.net

fixed forcing stereo sound in realtek audio interface

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

If you're using stereo (headset, monitor speakers, etc.) you have to be sure both your sound card software (Realtek, Soundblaster, etc.) AND Windows audio output settings are set to stereo 2.0. You have some particular cases where you can change that: E.g. my Xifi gamer sound-blaster is set as Stereo when connected to my headset, and Windows output audio is set to 5.1, so the game think I have 5.1 system and send the 6 channels, but my soundcard do the mix (option I selected) to the 2.0 channels, so I have a better 3D positional audio...