1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurburgring Gesamtstrecke 71 'retiring insufficient progress bug'..

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by mister dog, May 27, 2023.

1. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We had our Porsche RSR '74 race at the Nurburgring Gesamtstrecke yesterday, a lot of people experienced a bug with the pit boxes where they got the message 'retiring insufficient progress' when starting from there during P and Q, and it would teleport them back to pits. We know for sure it's a bug with the pit boxes as we were forced to restart the server because of this (dedicated server), and skip straight to race in order to avoid them and start on the straight.

Someone had damage during the race, had to pit and it ended up showing him the 'retiring insufficient progress' message when he did so. He was the only one then that had it during the race.

[​IMG]

We were wondering how this bug was not spotted seeing the track was in development so long tbh

• Like Like x 1
  2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Nürburgring Gesamtstrecke (Nord+ Sudshleife) When we raced in the dedi server there, you can't use the pits, just have to do a race only. Something wrong with the cars not registering in their pit stalls, so when you go out on track in practice or qualifying, you'll get an "insufficient progress warning" and then you teleport back to pits. Also will happen in just race mode if you elect to enter into the pits. Tried it in Single Race mode with 10 AI, and there was not any issues.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This is the 2nd online event on a dedicated server that has had this issue...

I'm 100% convinced it's down to the pit box not tracing certain players (connected to certain pit boxes) leaving the box and so the game is registering them as sitting in the pit lane not moving even when they are going full speed headed round the Sudschleife...

Why am I convinced of this?

Because there was a late change the elevation around the front straight and this only happens to players that have left their pits... If you have the issue in practice and qualy you don't get it in the race until after you have made a pit stop... Then it happens on your out lap...

It's like when those late adjustments were made some of the pit box triggers may have been moved from where they should be...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mister dog

Feels like there are a lot of issues that occur with dedicated servers only, when I searched for 'insufficient process' on the forum here there were almost no hits since the time the track was released to the public. Could be this bug doesn't occur in ingame P2P lobbies perhaps? Would be weird nobody spotted this so far.

5. LKRMLN

LKRMLN New Member

Can confirm I had this bug yesterday running with these guys. It happened both in Practice and Quali for me. If I remember right someone had to pit during the race and when he got back on the track, 2 minutes later he was hit with the same bug.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mister dog

Oh damn maiden post!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had "insufficient progress" happen in Test Day when crashing and totaling the car on the out lap and returning to pits. Don't remember what track it was, but I think it might have been one of the Buenos Aires layouts.

8. Scar666

This generally happens online when you've been stood still for too many minutes...

Usually after a crash when waiting to rejoin safely or if you've had too much damage...

But in this case the cars have no damage and are at racing speeds...

9. Scar666

It seems to effect the AI as well... In a 1 hour session many drivers didn't leave the pits...

[​IMG]
    I'm the in the red car at the back but the rest are AI...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Probably Covid.
    Virtual ofcourse :cool: