Nvidia control panel settings?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Cully, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So i reinstalled AMS on my new PC but cannot get the graphics to look as good as on my old PC.
    I know its down to certain nvidia control panel settings, but i cannot find these settings in my bookmars,, i always had them bookmarked but alas i cannot find them.

The AMS config withing steam never got the gfx looking as good as with these settings.
    I think i recall a guy called GT speedster who made loads of AMS videos shared his settings and they were great.

Right now AA looks poor despite being set to max in the ams config tool,also im getting disappearing cars in the distance, again this was never the case on my older much lower spec machine.

Maybe a screenshot or link to these settings would be great.

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

You need to run NvidiaProfileInspector (Google for it) to set the AA Compatibility bits. In the past this was not needed, and the value could remain at the default 0x00000000. Now it needs one of several that end with 40, 41, or C1.

F0C1
    100C1
    4412C1

There are subtle effect differences between each one, but generally they fall into the three main groups defined by the last two digits. Right now I suggest 41 (less FPS heavy)
    So delete AMS profile on Nvidia control panel
    Leave sweetfx filters as they are
    Set Automobilista Config as you need
    Run NvidiaProfileIspector and set it as posted here
    If the problem persist try to run the game windowed.
    (No screen since I am on smartphone)

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for that, i did not use inspector in the past however just ran with standard control panel with certain settings and all was great but ill check this out.
    Framerate wont be an issue with my 8600K @5ghz and 1080TI.

4. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Cully....did you sort your video config out ? i aso have shimmering white lines and fences, but having gone into Nvideoprofileinspector i dont see anywhere to put the settings DaVeX suggests, as none seem to allow anything with 40, 41, FOC1 etc on the end...thanks

5. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Scraper

Here are the rest of my current settings. I hope they help you. :)

upload_2018-12-27_21-14-19.png

7. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh wow...those settings make the world of difference...thanks

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scraper

That's great. :)

9. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Your settings have vsync on. Have a read about the downside of vsync and why you should never use it.

10. Scraper

I have. Input lag is undesirable, but I haven't noticed any. Without v-sync, AMS and other sims stutter on my PC. The "adaptive" mode also helps to smooth things out if the framerate drops below 60fps. :)

11. Roenie

Roenie 90s Gamer

I use MSI Afterburner with a custom profile for RTSS (which comes with the former) that limits the fps to 59.847, specifically to be just under my monitor's actual refresh rate, which ensures that the frame buffers don't fill up, preventing the additional inputlag that that would otherwise cause.

Here's a guide that explains how to do this:
    https://www.blurbusters.com/howto-low-lag-vsync-on/

The end result in RTSS should look something like this:
    rtss — Postimage.org

It doesn't remove all of the inputlag as the GPU still has to wait for the monitor refresh, but it makes a big difference.

It's there whether you notice or not, because maths.

Every game does, on every PC... too subtle for many people to notice, but very jarring to you and me. So you either run v-sync + RTSS, or freesync/g-sync. Preferably freesync/g-sync, but that requires a bunch of things.

After meticulously testing this against leaving v-sync forced on in a 40-60 fps scenario, I actually prefer to leave it on because it's smoother than the huge amount of tearing I was getting in adaptive. That amount of tearing actually makes it look like it's stuttering.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Supa

Hmmmm well i run an i54690 oc 4400ghz gtx1070 dell gsync monitor with max aa setting in config and no vsync and buttery smooth.

13. Roenie

Roenie 90s Gamer

It's smooth with g-sync. Thank you Captain Obvious. :p

14. Supa

15. Spin

Spin Active Member

May you expand on this a little further? AA definitely works for me and I've never had to change compatibility bits. Even without using Nvidia Profile Inspector and just using the standard Nvidia Control Panel, AA always works for me.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. DaVeX

Basically you need to override the in-game AA since it doesn't work due to new drivers not working as they should (at least on 9XX series cards with latest drivers) so you can force it on through Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector (the latest works better in my case).
    The advantages of using Nvidia Inspector is mainly related the different values/effects I can choose while applying AA.
    Btw, I suggest you to try this even if already working ;).

• Like Like x 1
  17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad to see this workaround, had issues too with AA jaggies. Trying similar settings to @Scraper... how do I correct tearing?

18. Spin

Spin Active Member

I see. So it's the AA from the AMS graphics config that doesn't work unless you change an AA compatibility bit, yes? I've always just used AA from the NCP or Nv Inspector with no problems (GTX 1080 Ti).

Can you give us some information regarding the differences of the following compatibility bits you listed?:
    F0C1
    100C1
    4412C1

I know about changing AA, AA supersampling, etc. but I never heard of changing the compatibility bits for even more different AA effects/types.

19. DaVeX

Seems the one listed here are the most compatible and best working ones with AMS. Every AA settings has some subtle effects too, some will give you darker colours, another one just a little bit of vignette etc etc

20. Spin

Spin Active Member

When you say "AA settings," are you talking about different compatibility bits? Do you have any pictures showing, for example, compatibility bits 1241 giving a different AA result compared to, say, 100C1 (with all other AA settings being identical of course)?

I have never heard of AA settings changing colours and especially not adding vignette to any videogame in almost 20 years of PC gaming. Are you sure you're not confusing AA with SweetFX's post-processing settings? Those can definitely change colours and add vignette but that's SweetFX, not AA.