1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pedal Anomaly....

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Jason Pladoh, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Hello,

I've just discovered that Part Pedal Press, maybe 30%, gives me full throttle, I always presumed it was the physics model/Madness Engine that was producing random spins when applying part throttle, say exiting a corner, but all along I was unknowingly applying full throttle.

Is there something in AMS2 controller configuration page I can Adjust to correct this Pedal behaviour?

Pedals used: Heusinkveld Sprint connected direct to PC, Calibrated first with Smart Control, then in AMS2.

Thankyou for reading.

J

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey,

30% of pedal travel are showing as a fully filled green bar in the telemetry HUD? Does your Pedals software also show 100% at 30% pedal travel already?

Pedal Calibration faulty for some reason?
    -> Calibrate your pedals in the controls settings of AMS2, while being in a race session for a test. Have you checked your deadzone settings? Sensitivity 50 is linear, not 100.

Does the RPM leap upwards very sensitive and fast, even at just 30% of pedal travel? (but also shown as about 30% travel and not 100 in the green throttle bar in Telemetry HUD?)
    -> Throttle to RPM sensitivity will receive some tweaks soon, so just a matter of waiting a bit, for now a workaround might be to lower throttle pedal sensitivity in the controls menu until the updated throttle behaviour drops.^^

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Hi CrimsonEminence,
    Thankyou for responding, You were spot on with the Deadzone sensitivity being at 100, not at 50 as you suggested.

This has made the pedal Perfect, and as a result, posted my fastest Lap on Imola Historic 1972.

Thankyou

Jason

• Like Like x 2