Penalty Warning System Function

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by neal, Aug 21, 2017.

1. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to request a feature change to the penalty warning system. Last night I had a race ruined (I was DQd) due to not being aware of a drive-thru penalty given for pit-lane speed. I know the penalty was my fault entirely, I don't dispute that. But there was no clear indication that this penalty had been given. I know about the symbol in the top left corner, but mine was obscured by the left hand bevel of my triple-monitors. Even so IMHO that symbol is not obvious enough anyway. When I'm racing I don't have any free attention to be looking around the screen to read information, I'm hopeless at multi-tasking and it is difficult enough for me to just monitor fuel levels and tyre temps etc whilst racing, although this can vary depending on the track and vehicle and if there are long straights without close traffic. But generally this is almost always true for me.
    So would it be possible to have something that could not be missed at all, like a glowing red border around the outside of the centre monitor, haha, only joking but it makes the point clear. Or something that blinks that is not located on the periphery of my sight. Even the spotter saying "oh man, you got a penalty" would help and be better than how it is at present.

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The spotter does tell you and it appears in the message box too. So I don't know why you didn't receive those messages

3. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you've disabled all spotter messages' options? I've done that recently (I was using CrewChief), and by turning all spotter options OFF, I've stopped receiving messages in the message box.

4. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I need to duplicate the circumstances to see again not in the heat of racing but I'll also check your suggestion @Lorencini
    edit:
    well I unintentionally duplicated the situation by getting myself another drive-thru, I really must practise my pit-stops eh :rolleyes:

however the problem as described originally still remains. My spotter does not call a penalty but does warn me when in close proximity to other racers, and I do not get a message come up in the message box, in fact the message box rarely displays anything unless I call it up manually. :confused:
    But as I was more aware this time I did notice half of the symbol that shows top-left for a drive-thru so at least I didn't get DQd this time. :p
    p.s. I didn't yet check the spotter options but will do that now. - Now that I have checked that all I can see is a setting under Audio for Detail which is set to low. I may have set this ages ago to stop unnecessary and distracting messages but don't honestly remember, so I'll have to try it at the next setting and see how that goes.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1