Persistent DynHUD problem

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Mat Kane, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Mat Kane

Mat Kane Member AMS2 Club Member

I mentioned this in the old RD forum, and haven't had any luck resolving it despite the recent new builds. My DynHUD timing is acting erratically, mostly in multiplayer but after a little testing it's happening offline too.

It appears to function OK for a few laps, and then can simply lose track of any recorded times. I've attached a sequence from an offline lap where it failed, showing timing and delta display after each split, and the actual time of the lap after the timing line. As you can see in the last two screenshots, the Best Lap time is incorrect (see bottom right leaderboard) and in the final screenshot, it shows a Best Lap/Last Lap mismatch, and a purple ("best in session") time that was incorrect by almost five seconds - it's as if it's logging the wrong lap as the best time.

It almost always breaks like this when someone enters or leaves the game in multiplayer, happening multiple times in a session. What is truly bizarre is that it can correct itself in the lap following one of these occurrences, without me having to exit to the garage.

Has this been seen before? And is there anything - drivers, for example - that could be interfering with it? With such erratic behaviour, it's to the point where I can't trust it at all and I'll be reverting back to the old SCE overlay.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mat

Attached Files:

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I experience the same hick-ups when players enter and leave a server.
    but,
    Have you bin in the pits (via esc key)?
    That is when the DynHUD time resets its best time, but your session best time is kept in the monitor in the bottom right corner. so they are out of sync.
    The DynHUD shows the stins best time, and not the session best time.
    The same happens in Time Trail, Reiza says they are working on this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mat Kane

Well if I'm being shown the best lap only for the current stint, that would make sense - thanks @SaxOhare. I can't see very many occasions where I might find that information of any use, however. If they're aware of it and it's intended to be fixed, that's all I need.

Cheers

4. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Mat,
    You're getting splits for each sector of the track. So this changes after each sector, and the delta shows you a comparison between your actual laptime vs. your best laptime.

Each time you get on the pitbox, this will reset. So, as SaxOhare said before, each stint will have your own lap comparison.

So, if you are trying to do a really good lap, i suggest you to (for now) go back to the pits and just change tires and refuel, so you don't run out of it and don't get worn tires, instead of reseting your car pressing the esc key.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mat Kane

Thanks Thiago, I understand. Unfortunately it takes just a couple of laps to know if setup changes have worked for me, so the only thing to do is hit escape and head for the garage.

I'm in no rush, just busy thoroughly enjoying the game :)