1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Physics Maturity" only if 4 tires on the road

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Aug 14, 2022.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

hey hey not trying to hate or anything.

so i was reading through the latest dev log on steam, and while i do agree and find the changes great, i think the physics maturity thats being talked about only applies to how the car behaves while its driving around "normally".

what i have noticed alot is that 2 wheel moments (clipping curbs) results in really really odd behavior, driving on 2 tires is basically impossible, additonally, as soon as the car itself touches the ground, u get slowed down almost immediatly, essentially acting like an anker (which might also happen while driving on 2 wheels)

i think both are essential parts to "physics maturity", aspecially with cars like the super v8 it can happend rather easily to get on 2 wheels and if the car leans just a bit further than lets say 20°, no way u can control it,even if u abruptly "counter steer"

metal slides, it doesnt just anker down and come to a full stop in half a second. and driving on 2 wheels should be possible too
    maybe (just guessing) the rim touches the road and then gets "stuck" like the rest of the car

2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I don’t know about that . i can think of several times i have got up on two wheels and could carry the car on the edge for a little bit and steer with it delicately until getting it back down . could definitely feel the difference through the wheel between left and right etc.

3. MasterLooser

for me it starts to look and feel okish and once a certain angle is reached my car just gets semi stuck in the ground and slows down suddenly

its as i suggested probably the rim or the body touching the ground and then the weird insta slowdown kicks in

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I find 2 wheel in the air physics to be really odd, always has been. Like the car stays up on 2 2 wheels while the car rotates, almost defying gravity and inertia.

5. MasterLooser

yep true, now that u mention it, i have also noticed that, sometimes the car turns into a satilite drifting through space :D

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I posted a video early on in development and was told it's not that bad but they will look into it, I've since drive other FWD cars that do the same thin still. Only seems to be FWD cars.