1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitlane mechanics

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by 27th Racing, Jul 4, 2019.

1. 27th Racing

27th Racing New Member AMS2 Club Member

After giving Project Cars 2 a spin for the very first time this week I'm concerned about the pitlane mechanics (not the guy's working on the cars ;) )

I'm a big fan of having full control of the car at all times when in the pitlane like in RF2. I was shocked to see everything in that aspect is taken away from you in Pcars2 from slowing down to the speed limit and parking in the box. The wheel goes dead once the game takes over and how it hands back the control to you feel bizzare!

I was just wondering how people feel about this and if any info could be given about this in AMS2
    P.S good luck to the developers :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's all optional in PCARS2. You can set it to full control, so the AI never takes control in the pits. There are plenty gameplay features that are optional.

• Like Like x 5
  3. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The one thing i always loved about GSCE / AMS was that Reiza never took control from the player. Not in the warmup lap, not in pits. I see no reason why they would change that.

People need to understand that a game engine is just like a spoken language.
    We all use the same words, but some say nice things, some say bad things, but that's not the languages fault.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Best example ever!!!
    You deserve a medal Sir!!

5. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In AMS you have the autopit option, just like you do in PC2 and most other racing sims.

While we are on the topic of the pitlane, PC2 like most current sims, uses "ghost" cars in the pitlane (in terms of collisions not visibility). SMS tried to put back some of the realism by including "no unsafe release" logic.

I wonder if Reiza will use "solid" cars in the pitlane. And if not, while I find the "no unsafe release" feature great for realism, I know some find it frustrating and it can have unintended consequences (e.g. if someone parks in a particular point in the pitlane it can result in people being unable to leave their garages.), so I wonder if Reiza might have the option to disable the feature.

• Like Like x 2
  6. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe it can just be improved to work properly. Apparently the way this works in PCARS2, is to check weather there does exist a car within x meters from the driver's car, but there's no check made it that other car is stationery, just being refueled, or even just sitting there in the garage, which is what causes all those problems with cars getting stuck in their pitboxes (or even in their garage). A simple check to see if the other cars are moving would probably solve the problem, possibly this has already been fixed in the engine or it will be fixed in the future.