1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play AMS2 when update is eminent

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Racinglegend1234, May 27, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Hello everyone!
    I am like most of you a person who loves playing Automobilista 2 when I’m bored and want to drive cars. I love the sim, but my problem is that I’m very lazy. The update is eminent and I don’t know if I want to play since I know the next update will bring major changes to the formula ultimate gen 2 which could lead to me doing things which might be irrelevant in the future. So my question is how me or other lazy people should play AMS2 even though a significant update might be right around the corner?
    (I also do things which give me something and I will start learning setups when the update arrives. The big issue is that the next update will mean all old setups become useless. So how should I gain motivation to do things which I might see as “pointless”)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You answered your own question, if it's pointless to you, why do it? Just wait till the update and play other games or do other hobbies. Never waste your time on pointless things, you will regret it later!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

The problem is that I don’t have anything to do which I don’t see as sort of pointless. I want to go from one pointless thing to another and wanted to see if anyone had some tips

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why do you want to get good at AMS2 specifically? Are you in an AMS2 league?

If you are not in a league, I don't see any reason to spend too much time finetuning AMS2 skills, after all public lobbies are so lame they are irrelevant. Racing bots that currently need massive finetuning and don't follow the physics of the player is also not a good parameter. Finally, time trials are all about setup exploits.

imho there is no reason to be obsessed in mastering AMS2, unless you are in an AMS2 competition like I said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I'll have to massivelly disagree with you, how about improving for your personal satisfaction? You seem like a competitive folk and thats ok, but some just want to improve for their own sake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm far from being competitive. I enjoy racing vs other people though, but by no means I think winning is more important than having fun. Hence why to this day I am still clueless about physics and setup tinkering.

In the context of the OP, if personal satisfaction is all he needs, then the updates on physics shouldn't be too relevant since once the update drops the personal satisfaction can still be achieved in a new setting.

A different scenario is league racing, like I said. Then it can indeed be a massive bummer to practice and perfect your racecraft only for it to change right before your league race.

Or even irrelevant stuff like iRating. Some people care about their iRating, so they "perfect" their iRacing skills to level it up. If an update comes and completely changes how it handles, then all your hardwork to achieve that iRating could go wasted if you don't start perfecting the new physics.

But personal satisfaction? Nothing is lost when a new update arrives, it is only a new challenge.

8. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Fun is never pointless... Change is unavoidable...

Embrace both....

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Turbo Granny

Ah ok, I kindda understood the only point in sim racing was to be competitive against others, carry on, nevermind hehe.

10. Turbo Granny

Well you kindda lost me there, but if I understood you have others hobbies you can go to beside simracing? You can set a goal for you, like I dont know, learning heel and toe, or you can find some other thing unrelated, one thing is for sure, hobbies are not pointless and dont let anyone tell you otherwise, hobbies will keep you sane in the tough times believe me, it's never pointless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

Well I’ve set a goal to learn setups when the new physics drop for the formula ultimate gen 2 and setups will have to be fully reset after the update due to the physics changes.
    From what I’ve read, setting goals gives motivation which gives me motivation to play. I will do something to try and get me to play, but thanks for the tip

12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK you are ofcourse allowed to have and outpour this slightly funny oppinion. o_O

13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Just saw this.
    This silly postulate are just as silly as most other comments of you in this thread.
    To the best of my knowledge there are no proper setup exploits in AMS2.
    There are a few dubius settings (few!) which can give some slight advantages but also at the same time dis-advantages - because the car becomes pretty difficult to drive.
    For normal people :)

ByTheWay: Its often the same slow people who does advocate for fixed setups for all who for some reason or another does believe that the reason they are so slow compared to others is because other faster drivers use socalled exploits.
    Hehe pretty funny what people can convince themselves of :p

• Agree Agree x 2