1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor dash textures for DPI

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Cholton82, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Apologies if this is known or has been answered but I couldn’t see an answer.
    Has anyone else got poor textures on the DPI dash , I have noticed it on another car maybe the BMW GTE. it looks like bad aliasing on the dash making it fuzzy.
    I’m running msaa high and texture filtering x 16 3440 x 1440p.
    Other cars seem nice and sharp , maybe these have a flocked dash I don’t know.

2. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Just thought I’d bump this just to see if anyone else has it in these two cars.
    Like I said all the other graphics and textures on vehicles are fine it’s just these two cars in particular causing me a problem. Any help appreciated

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary to be honest, this is what the DPi looks like for me (screenshot was taken one month ago but it shouldn't have changed since then):

20221006171221_1.jpg
    And this screenshot was taken six months ago, but back then the BMW M8 GTE looked like this:
    20220524195357_1.jpg

That being said, some cockpit textures just aren't as high resolution as you'd expect, and most if not all cars are affected to some degree. Nothing too excessive though, at least IMHO.

4. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Thanks , When I say dash I meant the dashboard where the material is not the displays sorry.
    I’ve just looked and a still picture looks fine on mine but as the lighting and shadows hit the suede or flock whatever material it is whilst in motion it doesn’t look great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Ok , I think I’ve found it. I use msaa at High and it gives me headroom for all conditions but if I change it to smaa high and super sampling medium it goes away , however fps drops a fair bit in some conditions.

seems a limitation with my PC for now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Ok so I now know that it’s because I’m using my track ir in helmet view , If I move to cockpit view where it locks the head movement and disables my track ir the dash textures on the dpi and M6 GT3 look perfect but if I move into helmet view enabling my head tracking they look sketchy again. MSAA high everything set to ultra or high.