1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PRC Brit Pack Championship - Wednesday league starting Jan 4

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Koba, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's going to be an intense four weeks at Phoenix Racing Club. Four events, each featuring a different Brit Pack car. Each event consists of two 15-lap sprint races. We'll be racing at all three Brit Pack tracks plus four American sports car tracks. The events start at 8:00 pm GMT (UK).

[​IMG]
    Jan 4: Caterham Superlight / 360R Road at Cadwell Park and VIR North
    Jan 11: Ultima GTR Race at Oulton Park Classic and Laguna Seca
    Jan 18: Formula Trainer Advanced at Cadwell Park and Road Atlanta
    Jan 25: MCR S2000 at Brands Hatch and Barber Motorsports Park

Sign up on our forum in the Automobilista / Events section. Get some practice in and set a time on our server (Phoenixracingclub.net) and see how your lap times compare on our Live Racers page. You should get on TeamSpeak—you don't need to talk, just listen for news and instructions. Find the TeamSpeak link on our home page: Phoenix Racing Club.

Track downloads
    Laguna Seca: Tracks - Laguna Seca
    Road Atlanta: Tracks - Road Atlanta (3 seasons)
    Barber MP: Tracks - Barber Motorsport Park (3 seasons)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Koba

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the first event, featuring the Caterham Superlight and 360R Road (your choice). We're going to run an open server if you want to join on the spot, or if you just want to do just one or a couple of races. It's best if you get on TeamSpeak in case there's any last minute news or changes (see the link above).

3. Koba

Event 1: Caterham Superlight / 360R Road

Results: http://simresults.net/170104-3eR

Championship table: Phonenix Racing Club 2017 Brit Pack Championship January 2017

Great first event! The Caterham Superlight is great for close racing and there were lots of battles.

Next week is the Ultima GTR Race at Oulton Park Classic and Laguna Seca. This is the trickiest car in the Brit Pack to drive (although we chose the easier-to-drive Race version), so I'm guessing there are going to be a lot more off-track excursions in these races. I think the Ultima GTR benefits from careful set-up (the other Brit Pack cars are easier to drive out-of-the-box) so I hope people will spend some quality time with it before the races.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. Koba

Event 2: Ultima GTR Race

Results: http://simresults.net/170111-19E

Championship table: Phonenix Racing Club 2017 Brit Pack Championship January 2017

Well that was an intense couple of races. The Ultima GTR is the trickiest Brit Pack car to drive and it was pretty challenging at Oulton Park and Laguna Seca. But there were some good battles and some position-swapping.

Next week is the Formula Trainer Advanced at Cadwell Park and Road Atlanta. We expect to see some really good battles.

5. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds cracking Koba - another one I'd love to be in but alas will not. Great idea too ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Koba

Reminder, tonight (Wednesday) at 8:00 pm GMT (UK), we'll be racing the Formula Trainer Advanced at Cadwell Park and Road Atlanta. Two 15-lap sprint races at the Phoenixracingclub.net server.

7. Koba

Event 3: Formula Trainer Advanced

Results: http://simresults.net/170118-38r

Championship table: Phonenix Racing Club - Brit Pack Championship January 2017

Two more fun races. Good turnout for Cadwell Park. The Formula Trainer at Road Atlanta is amazing and there were some fun battles, but unfortunately the car count was down so it wasn't as good as it could have been.

We saved the best for last. Next Wednesday is the MCR Sports 2000 at Brands Hatch and Barber Motorsports Park. If you've never tried Barber, now's the time to download it and see how fun it is.

8. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, I didn't know it was a championship... Hopefully I will be at home to race next Wednesday. I love the MCR! Formula Trainer was also fun.

9. Koba

Yeah we try to get the message to people who are dropping in, but it's easy to miss!

10. Koba