1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Ams 2 don't launch steam VR so don't work.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Jérémy GTI, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Jérémy GTI

Jérémy GTI New Member

Hello,

I have a problem with AMS 2 and my Pimax. Since I reinstalled windows the game no longer starts in vr. When i run it in vr mode, the game launches well on my screen ( avx mode at the bottom right ) but the game does not launch steam vr and therefore nothing is displayed in the headset. I have already checked the game and steam vr files. I have already re-installed steam vr, reinstalled pitool and reinstalled the game. Always the same, when I first launch steam vr then the game, I have the logo of the game with the following tab in the vr headset but nothing is happening past. However the game continues to function normally on my screen. It's the only game i have problem with.

Someone can help me ? Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jérémy GTI

Jérémy GTI New Member

UP

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jérémy GTI

Jérémy GTI New Member

This is a debug file from steam VR, if it can help...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jérémy GTI

Jérémy GTI New Member

Up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leonardo Meneses Alves

Leonardo Meneses Alves Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm with the same problem. Mine is a Pimax5k Plus, anda after a windows update It does not start in Steam VR. Pcars2 is with same issue. Same Engine. All other games ar Ok with Steam VR.

I'v stoped to play the Automobilista 2, so i don't kwon If It was fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Leonardo Meneses Alves

SOLVED!

Folow this tutorial!

Create a new administrator user on windows 10 following the pattern indicated, log in to steam and be happy!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4s092n/do_not_use_foreign_caracters_in_your_windows/

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Leonardo Meneses Alves

Do NOT use foreign caracters in your windows username
    [​IMG]
    Alright! Thought I would share this as I didn't find the solution on internet and had to figure this out myself.

Basically, setup my Vive yesterday. Everything went just fine, I could play the tutorial and some LAB experiments. But anything else wouldn't work and my headset wasn't detected by all the other games.

I really didn't understand what was going on and started to lose hope after I tried all the solutions listed in the known issues list that we can find pretty much everywhere, as it seems a lot of people have issues before starting to use their Vive comfortably.

I sometimes even got an error message from SteamVR saying the it couldn't initialize because it didn't find the installation folder. But the app works just fine afterward for some reason.

Here was my issue : I'm french and my username includes a "é". It didn't like it.

Solution : Instead of creating a new account, I went to C:/Users and there, I was seeing a folder with my name and weird signs instead of the "é" and figured that's where the problem was. I simply copied the "openVR" folder that I found in C:\Users\NormalUsername\AppData\Local inside the C:\Users\UsernameWithWeirdSigns\AppData\Local folder. IT WORKS PERFECTLY :D

Since people from all over the world will start to have their headset and might contain foreign caracters (UTF 8 I assume) such as "é" "è" "à" "ö" ...etc. I thought they might have the same issues as I did and feel hopeless as well.

Use ASCII caracters people.

edit : fixed two words

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not just about using ASCII characters – some Windows applications I've used can't deal with spaces in the Windows username! It's tragic that simple bugs like these aren't discovered in QA before an app is released.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

You are right.
    This is even worse than "forreign" characters.
    Because at least "forreign" characters has a(or sometimes more) counterparts in the ASCII format.
    But an empty space has no (established) counterpart.
    Thats the reason the empty space outcome from different Windows applications can be completely chaotic.

ByTheWay: I can remember in former Windows incarnations where some programs even crashed when they were forced to "see" an empty space.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jean-François Bilodeau

Jean-François Bilodeau New Member

I had the same problem because my name has the caracter "ç" in it. I tried the fix mentioned in this thread and it didn't work. I changed my username using this procedure and now it works.