1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pure magic or just me?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BrunoB, Apr 9, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I just want to express my admiration about the present status of certain aspects in the AMS2 tire model.
    On one of my favorite tracks the Suzuka/Sakitto/Kansai I have (probably) layed down 1000+ laps in both iRacing, pCars2, Raceroom and now AMS2.
    So Im slightly familiar with the layout and close to be able to drive the track with my eyes closed.
    At least in TT mode :D
    Hehe maybe not - but..
    But one of the urgent point on this track is the end of the socalled S-Curves leading into the leftgoing Dunlop curve.
    This passage is extremely urgent because the speed into the Dunlop thing does control the speed all the way down to the Hairpin.

OK - my admiration is based on how much "better" or maybe with better words how much more satisfying and convincing you can turn and twist the car when you are close to the knivesedge of the cars tarmac adhesion and your own driving skills - than in the competitors.

The three other games are also very difficult to control through this passage and through the Dunlop thing - but AMS2 its not only just as difficult - but you get also instantly a satisfying feeling every time you are able to sguize a further milisec out of the potiential laptime.:)
    Because to the contrary of the other racing games where you have to wait to see it on the comming listed laptime - then you can feel it instantly in AMS2.
    Yess - ahh now just dont mess anything up on the rest of this lap. :eek:

ByTheWay: I guess this difference owns respect to the way Reiza has been able to tweak the SETA tire model from pCars2. Because I didnt get this feeling in any way in pCars2.;)

Suzuka 2005.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

Sounds like you've missed a few corners there...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Naughty naughty my good man :D
    Just check the TT LB for the F-Reiza to see if BrunoB missed some few corners :p