Question about key bindings

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Ernie, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a way to bind key combinations (like CTRL+1 or ALT+X) to specific controls?
    (If not by UI, maybe by manually editing control.ini?)

There are so many inputs, and my keyboard layout is almost full. And because i don't have a button box, i would like to "enhance" my control setup with some VoiceAttack commands.

Example: Because numbers 1-9 are already used for switching HUD elements, it would be quiet neat to bind CTRL+1, CTRL+2, etc. to Quick Chat 1-9. In VoiceAttack you could assign e.g. CTRL+1 to a voice command like "Say i'm entering the pits" which then triggers the Quick chat #1 input.

And just an additional question:
    Is there a way for alternative key bindings? For example, i have "pit request" on a steering wheel button, but i would also bind a keyboard input to the same function.

2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it at least possible that a key combination of e.g. CTRL+5 won't be recognized as just pressing "5"?
    Pressing "5" on keyboard is switching the HUD, but CTRL+5, SHIFT+5 or ALT+5 is doing just the same.

Even if i map a key combination of CTRL, ALT or SHIFT keys with an external tool (like Antimicro, OBS, etc.), AMS will always use the single key and ignoring the modifier key.

3. marc woolery

marc woolery New Member

Since you seem deep iinto it... can you search for a key binding in AMS2 ? i cannot in AMS1 and it drives me nuts. Even if I press the button on the wheel i dont know if I have it bound or what it is bound to .. reeally an oversite if this is true still in AMS 2.