Question Regarding A.I. Behavior

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by jbfan, Jun 10, 2019.

1. jbfan

jbfan New Member

Hello All,
    I'm fairly new to AMS and I've tried multiple settings (in game) for the A.I. but they still seem to bump into me a lot. Many times spinning me out. No matter what strength or aggression I have them at. Is this normal for AMS?
    I realize they are A.I. and will never be perfect but I'm just curious if there is a way (tweak) to make them more tolerable? Possibly something I haven't seen yet? I tried to search the forums and didn't find anything.
    Thanks

2. jbfan

jbfan New Member

Also, I did create a new user profile recently and still have A.I. running into me. Maybe I'm braking too early. :(

3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Lower the ai setting: getting bumped from behind usually means you have set the ai too high. You are braking earlier than what the ais expect. Once you will have more practice, you'll be able to increase the difficulty. :)

4. jbfan

jbfan New Member

Great. Thank You for the reply. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug.
    I'm not a great road racer, so still learning.

• Like Like x 1
  5. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like me when first started playing racing simulators. In the beginning I was playing like it was NFS3, which doesn't work. I found out that I have to learn some proper race craft.
    I found that racing the Lancers was good starting point to start learning racing lines and general race craft. I suggest you start with the lowest difficulty (75% I think) and lowest aggression level. Then, gradually increase the difficulty by a couple of percentages every time you find yourself on podium comfortably. Keep aggression at lowest until you are above 85% AI skill, then you may start to experiment with increasing it.
    Keep in mind that high aggression is not necessarily suitable for all racing series in AMS. For example, the various F1 open wheel cars should be on low aggression generally, just like in real life, if you are not confident that you can make the pass you shouldn't do it, you will just invoke mayhem if you do. On the other hand, some series just needs that high aggression, like generally most of the tin top cars in the game.
    I hope you don't mind the long replay. You need lots of patience and practice here, but rest assured, AMS has the best racing AI in the market and eventually you will be extremely enjoying racing them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jbfan

jbfan New Member

Great information Taylajee!! Thank You!!