1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question: sequential shifter + paddle shifters

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by RacingDenzel, May 31, 2020.

1. RacingDenzel

RacingDenzel New Member

Hi simracers and Reiza team ! ;)

-I was wondring if there is any chance to have the possibility to assign paddles to the steering wheel and the sequential gearbox. Right now, it's not possible ( that does not make sense because you have both in the game on the cars). Choose or switch manually (Exit the game, then copy a other "config" file) is really annoying..
    For a V1.0, I guess it's important

-And an idea for the future if the idea make sense and it'is no too hard to make:
    A keyboard shortcut to switch config in case the simracer has several wheels (see if it is possible because for switch there may be conditions). That way, we would be able to change the wheel easily. And without having to do each time like in iRacing for the first time (me, it doesn't bother me at all because you can configure one by default in iRacing and I find this systeme perfect since no action is necessary afterwards but it doesn’t is not everyone's opinion, so another idea with this keyboard shortcuts).
    To have for examples 2 differents profiles and the possibility to switch in 2secs with a shortcut.

What do you think about this ?

Cheers,
    keep your hard work on the game.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  2. RacingDenzel

RacingDenzel New Member

In any case, a reflection would be welcome about this ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Cliff

Cliff Member

Already works with Fanatec kit and no need to toggle anything.

4. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ATM it's not possible in the game this would need a setting like "alternative sequential up" and "... down".
    I would also like a setting for "alternative clutch" to use my analog paddels for byte point clutch at start with my Formula wheel.

The only solution atm is to use something outside the game like vjoy or the Fanatec implementation where the seq. shifter is synchronous to the paddle shifter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

You can set this up using AntiMicro or JoyToKey. Assign the paddles and sequential to the same keys in those programs and then use the keys when assigning gear up / down in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RacingDenzel

RacingDenzel New Member

Ok, cool.... but but not everyone has necessarily a Fanatec base. I have a SC2 pro.

NuScorpii, jpmmuc,
    Thanks !
    There are external solutions but it would be nice to have these things in the game, no ?
    These are basic options..

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Steve D

Steve D New Member

I'm using JoyToKey successfully to assign a couple of keys to gear up and gear down for both the paddles (DD user) and my sequential. (As @NuScorpii recommended)

8. Scoops

Scoops Member

I use Joy to key so every sim has the same despite each one having odd quirks that the others don’t.

Alternate shifting for AMS2 and auto repeat keys for AMS2 for seat movement saves having to keep mashing the seat back key.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I 100% agree, we need more control input options! For shifting options and multiple wheel profiles!
    Please Reiza make this happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

So using JoyToKey to convert wheel buttons/paddles to keyboard keys and then assigning those keys to functions in ams does seem a good way of handling switching between different wheels and not having to change all the button assignments.

Is there any noticeable delay with gear shifts when assigned this way?

11. Scoops

Scoops Member

Not that I have noticed. There must be but whether it’s significant or not only you can tell for you

12. RacingDenzel

RacingDenzel New Member

Still nothing in the game ?

There should at least be the possibility to assign paddles to the steering wheel and the sequential gearbox for the V1.0, Before the possibility to change "on the fly" quickly the wheel (It can happen after for this second option).

Just add 2 slot in the first place (to have the shifter seq and the paddles ine the same time).

13. kizza42

kizza42 New Member

I would like to vote for this feature also

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Also upvoting this, lets the game down a little bit without this option.

J

• Like Like x 1