1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick and short multiplayer races for casual simracers

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by AtLeastNotLastGrid, Mar 24, 2020.

1. AtLeastNotLastGrid

AtLeastNotLastGrid New Member

Hey Reiza,

Just purchased the Beta version and I could immediately feel the handling improvements over pcars2.
    Job well-done.

Do you guys also have any plan to support spontaneous quick and short multiplayer lobby for coming updates?
    Like how pcars2 does, you choose car & track combo with 5-10 min Qualifying and 3-10 lap races.
    Doing it over and over again with changing car & track combo with random player in & out.

I think that is what casual sim racers like me are looking for. (have a passion for simracing, but just no time to play for long for a busy life. Just want joining quick short races with people around the world each time)

I think a large portion of casual simracers is rather neglected in the community.
    And most of the multiplayer experience focuses on fully committed community league and racing for hours.
    This is the main reason me and my friends mainly play pcars2 still ...
    Knowing that AC, ACC, iRacing and rF2 having much better driving experience, but without such multiplayer UX, makes casual simracer less likely to purchase or enjoy it for long.
    (Especially the difficulty of setting up dedicated server for AC and ACC is simply painful)

Please, just don't tell us to go play arcades like Grid.
    Driving experience also counts and we want to find the well balanced game, and hope AMS2 can support us.

Hope this function is supported right away!
    Best of luck to you all for the upcoming official release!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Same MP system as pCars2 for now

• Like Like x 1
  3. AtLeastNotLastGrid

AtLeastNotLastGrid New Member

Got it.
    That is encouraging! Just gotta wait for people to start playing after the full release!