Quiet Sound levels in AMS compared with other Sims?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by aeioux, Aug 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. aeioux

aeioux New Member

I recently reinstalled AMS and it sounds around 80% of the max volume of other sims such as RaceRoom, PCARS2 and Assetto Corsa.

I have checked all relevant settings (in-game and system settings) and everything is at 100%.
    I'm using HyperX Cloud II Gaming headphones, which normally offer plenty more volume than needed.
    I don't have Spatial Sounds set in Windows etc...

Is this low volume issue familiar to anyone?

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like config issue, pls run AMS_Config tool (right click on AMS in steam library->Launch configuration tool" and choose "Surround headphones 7.1" or "Stereo Headphones".

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. aeioux

aeioux New Member

Thanks Domagoj, I simply changed to 'Stereo Headphones' and that worked great.
    The '7.1 Surround Headphones' setting (my HyperX Cloud II headphones are supposed to be) output the lower volume. Sorry to waste your time and thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

No need to apologize, it's the purpose of forum :)
    Makes me courious why it outputs lower volumes, as that setting was meant for that.

I did look up your headphones, and read over the user manual, but there is nothing about USB control box. Guessing here, but do things change if you switch virtual 7.1 on/off?

• Like Like x 1