Race Events

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Kevin Endermann, May 11, 2018.

1. Kevin Endermann

Kevin Endermann New Member AMS2 Club Member

I just came over GTR the Game again and saw in the GDB files the following:

RaceEvents​
    {
    Pedro Chaves
    {
    0 = DNS
    }
    Mike Hezemans
    {
    26 = Gearbox
    }
    Tim Mullen
    {
    37 = Gearbox
    }
    Mike Jordan
    {
    42 = Gearbox
    }
    Jamie Campbell-Walter
    {
    50 = Suspension
    }
    Niko Wieth
    {
    58 = Engine
    }
    Fabrizio De Simone
    {
    74 = Gearbox
    }
    }​

Now I am wondering if something like this can be added to AMS? In the Menu, you can choose for Mechanical Damage with "Season" and the cars dropped out like this.
    I tried it already with Stock Car 2017 drivers, but it doesn't seem to work for "Normal" or "Time Scaled" Mechanical Damage.
    I reckon that could be another "small" addition to this great game, especially if you drive a season from the past with some mods and wanna add some more drama.
    @Renato Simioni

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

HI Kevin!

I eas wondering this too, and i think it would be cool.

Also it would be cool to bring back "selected season" option in qualifying position setting as well.

That means that you can change the starting grid for offline races by using the following formula in the GDB:

Qualifying
    {
    Mika Hakkinen = 1:30.556
    David Coulthard = 1:30.910
    Michael Schumacher = 1:31.075
    Rubens Barrichello = 1:31.102
    Heinz-Harald Frentzen = 1:31.359
    Jarno Trulli = 1:31.504
    Eddie Irvine = 1:31.514
    Jacques Villeneuve = 1:31.968
    Giancarlo Fisichella = 1:31.992
    Mika Salo = 1:32.018
    Ralf Schumacher = 1:32.220
    Pedro De La Rosa = 1:32.323
    Jos Verstappen = 1:32.477
    Alexander Wurz = 1:32.775
    Nick Heidfeld = 1:33.024
    Ricardo Zonta = 1:33.117
    Jean Alesi = 1:33.197
    Marc Gene = 1:33.261
    Pedro Diniz = 1:33.378
    Johnny Herbert = 1:33.638
    Jenson Button = 1:33.828
    Gaston Mazzacane = 1:34.705
    }

2. Also I have opened the thread regarding AI tyre compound change.

Right now if the option is available (AIRaceCompoundSwitch = 1) the AI is change in the first pit stop for the next compund then in the following pit stops he change the same compund.

I was wondering if you can add the option to this multiple times (for example AIRaceCompoundSwitch = 2) in this way the AI change the next compound in the first pit stop then change the following in the second etc..

You can set up the order in the .tbc files (only in mods as these files are hidden for the original content (for example if the order is SuperSoft, Soft, Medium then the AI will change from SuperSoft to Soft in the 1st pit stop then change from Soft to Medium in the 2nd pit stop).

It would be so cool that AI could use multiple tyres in the race according .tbc filess and I think it is possible to do it (I think from otutide)

Would it be possible to add those features @Renato Simioni?

Thank you for your answer in Advance

3. Kevin Endermann

Kevin Endermann New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Philip00 ,

great to see someone interested in these feature's as well.

I reckon these would be great inclusions to the game, but I guess that first I should have posted this in Reiza51 area and secondly, they pretty much are done with AMS so why bother with somethings only probably 3-4 out 100 people would use themselves to enhance the game at these late stages of development?

I reckon @Renato Simioni would have answered in this thread already otherwise.