Race settings do not work in multiplayer, bonus TC question.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Eduardo del Mango, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Eduardo del Mango

Eduardo del Mango Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello! Greatly enjoying AMS, of course, but I'm having a big MP problem. When I'm hosting a race, the race settings - i.e. setting ten laps, or a standing start - do not carry over into the MP race which always defaults to a timed 50 minute race with a rolling start, regardless of what I've set it at.

Additional TC question - the FV10's car-specific traction control doesn't work in MP either. I've got the 'traction control' set to 'disallowed' in the race settings, but this doesn't stop it from working in SP (so I assume the race settings 'traction control' only applies to global TC, not the car specific TC in cars like the V10). Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

-Eduardo

2. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Eduardo. Is this happening on a dedicated server?

About TC: Cars with eletronic aids like the V10 would have to run with a fixed setup, disallowing all the aids, so everyone would have the same setup on the server.

3. Eduardo del Mango

Hey Thiago! Thanks for the reply. This is happening while hosting in-game - I've not tried the dedicated server. I'll give that a go later and get back to you.

Regarding the V10's TC, the problem is that it isn't working when I host MP, which I was under the impression it should when TC as a difficulty option was disallowed.

4. Eduardo del Mango

Just checked, this doesn't happen on a dedicated server, only when hosting in game. V10's traction control still doesn't work when using the dedicated server, however.

5. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your feedback, Eduardo! We'll be looking into it.

6. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to bring this up. But i have this exact same problem. Whatever I change ingame doesnt apply when Creating a server. Only with the dedicated server panel. Was there any fix for this as I find making games on the fly much easier?!

7. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it might be related to loading the configs from different .PLR file!

@Spooky1611 , do you run the game as Admin?
    I believe that for people who do not run the game as admin, AMS is reading the values fromthe .PLR file inside the folders games (on steam) instead of reading what you are setting on the screen (which is linked to the Documents folder) !

8. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried deleting the Documents folder and the one locally on the steam folder of the game and I went full administrator rights only and still nothing :( It doesn't apply a thing I change in my settings :'(
    This really sucks for me! Any other idea's?!

9. Buzzhornet

Buzzhornet New Member

Same problem here when using multiplayer in game I know the following doesn't work.

Multiplayer Ai speed
    Race start type it defaults to fast rolling and you can't change it no matter what you do including setting the plr (single player) profile.

10. TaT

TaT Member AMS2 Club Member

Also have this problem.

Some settings can be changed in the UI, some have to be changed in the PLR file and some such as Ai difficulty seem to be unchangeble.

Tried both normal profile and running as admin.