Racing AI

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Wayne Whitmore, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Although the game has many extremely good features something that has not received enough attention IMO is racing with AI.
    Doing all of the recommended procedures including running a full qualifying session does not help with AI racing properly. Even from the start of the race it is just utter kaos. I can't even get the field to start a race without major erratic driving by AI and causing crashes. I have tried many track and car combos and similar results are consistent . Even the latest cars on the latest tracks still suffer from this problem.

It is hard to think that talk of the final release of fixes for the final release could be considered with the AI performing this badly.

It is a shame that with what Reiza have achieved with this game is let down so poorly by an aspect of the game that is very important for those of us that race mostly offline and don't just want to hot lap but use the championship features and full fields that are available.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The upcoming 1.4.8 has improvements in that area.

3. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

@Wayne Whitmore I disagree with you. Reiza in the latest updates improved the AI substantially and with more news to come. In the current state, I have already done several races and I can check the improvements, it is very good to run against AI. Maybe a specific combination can bring problems, but it can not generalize. As I said in other topics, the AI will always be a subjective point and each user will have an opinion. Experience may vary according to settings and especially how you drive. Finally, I totally disagree with her criticism that Reiza is not paying attention to AI and that this is a total disaster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wayne Whitmore

Happy for there to be a different opinion, but how can they be ok when they simply crash into each other and me straight after the start?

5. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Perhaps a specific combination as well as settings can lead to a bad experience (IMO).
    It could tell you which combination and AI / Session settings you used for me to try reproduce.

I have some short videos on YT, AI behaves very well, if interested I can send you.

BTW, I disagreed with you regarding Reiza's criticism that she is not working hard with AI, just look at the last comments on the improvements in that question.

6. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

the new version is up now....i think you will be pleasantly surprised...the ai is fantastic in the beta now !!

7. Wayne Whitmore

Yes some definite improvement can be seen. Try Adelaide rolling start with super V8's and let me know how it goes for you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZoltanSz

ZoltanSz Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't see the issue here.
    You found a car/track combination with a bug. Which happens to be a rolling start bug which was broken by the devs a few days ago due to other fixes for the ai.
    You should have to report this in the appropriate ai bug topic.
    instead, you opened a complaint topic.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. ZoltanSz

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Wayne Whitmore

Hmm??? nice tone. I simply ask a question for others to let me know how their game is running and I get that. Boy a bit of a over reaction. I provide an opinion based upon what happens to me at the time how am I to now a new updated version with fixes is about to be released.
    Simple opinions ( we are all allowed them) with simple questions and answers never hurt anyone.

11. ZoltanSz

Yeah, In your opening post you provided an opinion at BEST. There is no question in that brainfart. ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Wayne Whitmore

Of course all the negatives are taken from OP and everything else ignored. When posts are not to the readers liking they can simply ignore them and move on. Is simple process

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

Wayne, have you reported the problem you found? On the OP I see no mention of in which circumstances it is happening. With that message no one can help you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wayne Whitmore

Now that it seems more an isolated bug with particular set of circumstances I will
    At the time I had no idea that it was isolated as it happned with most tracks at the time. Now much better. Thanks Vitor

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vitaly

Vitaly New Member

Hi, I want to know whether Reiza problem with AI. Between AI compete very well but they knock me off the track constantly. It's like they don't see me on the track, even at a low level of aggression. I tried different tracks and cars.

16. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You're using a too strong level: reduce their speed, and they won't ram you anymore. It is the same in all the sims I know: you are simply "surprising" them with your early braking point, it has not much to do with aggression. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vitaly

Vitaly New Member

But then they will be very lag and I get bored. I use the level of 93-95 AI in touring cars and 98-100 in the open wheel series. It is a comfortable level of AI for me. They ram not only at braking, but also on the straights.
    This problem in many simulations since the days of rfactor. Latest simulator with normal AI's F1 Challenge.

18. Rafael Marques

Rafael Marques New Member

I would like to ask a question.
    How do I make the AI of the Ultimate Formula mod make it have the same setup as me. For example: In the track where I have played the AI always start with the ultra soft tire and after the pitches they put the tire according to my setup. I would like to know if you can get AIs to start with another type of tire compound, not necessarily being ultra soft. It's possible ? How to make? Thank you!