1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing Sim Tools (setup)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I was just wondering if anybody else here is using the software. I struggle a little bit with finding the correct data for the car setup in RST (next session car parameters). I did some laps in Brands Hatch and RST is recording the laps fine. I would be thankful for any tips or hints.

2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi micropitt,
    I'm using this tool and it's great.
    With car parameters I hope that RST will find a way that car and setup parameters are automatically transfered from AMS to this telemetry - tool.
    I usually don't set them because it's a lot of work. For a fast analyze like ride high, driver inputs, speeds, g-forces, temperatures and so on it's not really neccessary to set the parameters. But if you like to analyze differential settings or use race engineer and some other functions for deep analyzing than you have to set up the right parameters. But some are hard to find out, maybe therefor you should contact RST

• Like Like x 2
  3. Micropitt

Yes, some data that are required are not even available, like wheel diameter and so on. I also use it without setting up most of the data. It still is helpful to find out which setup changes are good and which not. I was just wondering how others are handling it.

4. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Micropitt, there are some "tricks" you can use to get some of the car parameters, for example wheel diameters. you can adjust the "Car Param" until on a straight the front and rear are very close to zero slip at the end of a straight.

Some of the car parameters are harder such as IR, we will add in a easier way to collect these car parameters, AMS2 as in PC2 there is no real good way to calculate IR because of the way it handles Travel, bump stop gap, and Ride Height. In the future if AMS2 makes any changes we will definitely try to make it easier to capture the car parameters in the tool.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 3StringCigar

3StringCigar New Member

I have also been testing at Brands Hatch using the Ginetta G55. For wheel size, use 633-634. I am using 633.76
    I got this measurement from page 41 of this document https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/barcnet/2018-championship-reg-g4iou.pdf which states that
    The only permitted tyres for use in this Championship are as follows:
    Michelin 25/64-18 S8L (slick front tyre)
    Michelin 27/65-18 S8L (slick rear tyre)
    Michelin 25/64-18 P2L (Wet front tyre)
    Michelin 27/65-18 P2L (wet rear tyre)

Going here PILOT SPORT GT "SLICK" / Sedan / GT / Auto Circuit / Tyres / MICHELIN Motorsport
    you can look up the "Rolling Circumference (mm)" in the far right column, 1990, and if you divide that by 3.14 you will get the diameter.

UPDATE:
    While playing with the replay system today I noticed that both the front and rear tyres in-game are labelled as Michelin 36/71/18 PILOT SPORT "SLICK" / Single seater / Auto Circuit / Tyres / MICHELIN Motorsport shows a "Rolling Circumference" of 2200. This would give a diameter of 700.64 I am still experimenting, but I am getting closer to the ideal diameter.

Update2:
    I have gone back to 633.76 which is much closer to "Zero Slip" at the end of a straight. In all likelihood, a little less diameter would get a bit closer to zero. For now, I am happy with 633.76

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Micropitt

Thank you very much for that info :)