1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Graphic freeze issue

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by RoadRunner261, Nov 14, 2021.

1. RoadRunner261

RoadRunner261 New Member

Hi,
    problem solved , see next post :)

Hi,

I've got a problem since some weeks. Ams 2 runs great but the graphics freeze randomly (interval between 5 to 15mn) for 3 to 4 seconds. I can hear my car running but the screen is frozen. After 3 to 4 seconds, the graphics come back (with the car broken in the trees !).
    I checked the GPU and CPU with OCCT. When the graphics freeze, my GPU level goes to 0 suddenly and come back to normal 3 to 4 seconds after. The CPU and everything are ok (cpu level 10,43%, GPU load 80%, temp CPU 63 °C, temp GPU 52,03°C. It's a lot more friendly than with ACC...)

The problem only occurs on AMS2, on any track with any car (well I didn't try with all but a lot of).
    By the way, Raceroom , Assetto Corsa and ACC run fine for hours.

I checked the files on steam, no problem. I changed the Hard drive installation with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. RoadRunner261

RoadRunner261 New Member

Hi again,

I finally found the solution to my graphic freezes!
    In fact, it was very simple, everything was coming from a USB HDD that was going idle. So even if you ask Windows 10 not to put the hard drives to sleep (which was the case in my setup), the controller of your usb drive still can decides to put the HDD idle. And when the drive wakes up, you have a lag of 3-4 seconds (and your graphic card go to idle while waiting your HDD to wake up,).

The solution is to install a utility program that will prevent the hard disk from going to sleep by writing an empty text file (for example) every minute.

I already did this seven years ago but it completely slipped my mind when I recently changed my computer (and keeped the HDD enclosure).

Hope this could be useful if someone encounter a similar bug.

Cheers !
    n.b : i'm sooo glad to be able to race in AMS2 again !!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

hi roadrunner261
    how to do and what programs can be used experiencing the same problem have a laptop with extra hdd inserted, thanks in advance.

never mind, hope this helpes with my problem

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  4. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

tell me what program you have installed to solve the problem? Thank you