Replay Camera Controls?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by TrigMan59, Jul 16, 2021.

1. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Hi Folks,

Is there a listing of all the possible keyboard inputs while you're watching a replay? I know you can assign camera changes to keys, but how do you assign a keyboard stroke to a particular camera like in ACC (see below screenshot)? Is this even possible? Also, is there a free roam camera? Finally, how do you change the camera to go to another car in the replay? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Cheers!

Roger

[​IMG]

2. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Anyone???

3. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

have you already tried standard PC2 keys ?? google pcars2 camera control keys.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

5. pavig

pavig Member

The - key on the numeric keypad cycles through some fancy drone style camras.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot get the numberic keypad to do anything. What camera view is this functionalty in?

7. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I tried all of the keyboard shortcuts for PC2 and these are the only ones that work in AMS2 when viewing a replay:
    U - Rewind
    I - Fast Forward
    I personally find this lack of functionality in viewing replays compared to AC or ACC to be a MAJOR shortcoming of AMS2. Come on developers, get on the ball with adding this type of functionality (like a Freecam) into this simulation!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. APro

APro New Member

I tried the suggested keys in the link below, but they didn't work in AMS2, but they do work in RaceRoom, not sure why. It is shocking that Reiza itself doesn't have anything anywhere about it. Please help!

"In car camera replay help? | Reiza Studios Forum" In car camera replay help?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  9. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I couldn’t agree more. This is a major shortcoming by Reiza Studios which I have been unable to contact directly (another shortcoming) to request this information from. Here’s hoping someone there reads this posting and responds.

10. APro

APro New Member

I tried to find the AMS2 system replay file in my PC, to manipulate (change) it from 0 to 1, like I do in Assetto Corsa, but couldn't find it. I can assure that the problem is in the system file, this because the keyboard combination, mentioned in my previous comment, works in RaceRoom.

11. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

So RaceRoom uses the Madness engine too? It's odd that the keyboard commands for PC2 and RaceRoom don't all work in AMS2. I'm hoping one of the Reiza developers see this thread and gives us a listing, but I'm pessimistic that it will happen.

12. APro

APro New Member

Somebody will help out. Various settings in AMS2 is similar to PC2, and vice-versa. RaceRoom has a new replay that uses the very keys in my previous link. RaceRoom has an amazing physics. AMS2 has lift their stuff too.
    By the way, there is a guy name Renato at Reiza, he can help, I don't have his contact info.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Here's hoping…

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022