Running a league/championship

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Asimov, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Asimov

Asimov New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, as on subject: I run private sim racing leagues with other people, and now we'd like to run them on AMS too. I'm not new to reiza titles, but I've never looked around for external mods/tools, so I'd like to know whether there is some method to manage a championship. What I expect to find is some log reader/analyzer, or anything that allows to get a race result, assign points and the usual activities needed to properly manage a multi event series.

Is there anything like that for AMS already?

2. ravendagrey

ravendagrey New Member AMS2 Club Member

3. Asimov

Yes, exactly.

This is a very nice service, but I'd rather find something to install locally on my dedi server (and free): something similar to what rF2 Log Analyzer is for rF2 and stracker for Assetto Corsa, if you know them. Tools like these let you manage and run your own championships on your server, exposing a web ui for both consultation and management.

I was hoping something similar to exist for automobilista as well... :)

4. Asimov

Up

I still can't find anything tu use on premises. Maybe it's just because the game is still in early access, but I find hard to believe that LiveRacers is actually the only existing system that lets you create and manage a private championship...

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You should check if this exists for rF1, if you can find one then it will probably work in AMS, if you can't find for rF1 it's unlikely someone built it for AMS

6. Jempy

Jempy Member AMS2 Club Member

There's maybe one that might help ... but not sure it'll work with AMS ...
    It works for Rfactor ( just beta for RF2 ) and many other sims

It's the SIMRACING LEAGUE SYSTEM ( SLS ).

We already used it in our league for Race07 ... and I cannot say it's perfect.
    Maybe it improved since the time ... but I found it not practical as it needed the drivers to open their own account into it .... and there were many errors and hesitations for some of them.

You may learn more about it here: SIMRACING LEAGUE SYSTEM

But finally I'll surely choose Simresults.net display or even API and hold my own database to create and finally display the Championship results and ranking.

7. Asimov

Many thanks guys, I'll take a look.

8. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

rF2 analyser works fine for AMS too (I only use it offline but I believe it works for online too) :)

9. Asimov

That would be great, thank you man! :)

10. Asimov

I can confirm that rf2 analyzer works great also on AMS dedi server: you just have to add AMS path to the software and you're done, so again many thanks for the heads up @keith windsor! :)