1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running AMS Dedicated on Windows Server 2016/19

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Antraxo, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Antraxo

Antraxo New Member

Hello there,
    I've had this problem before but didn't really bother mentioning it. I've been running AMS servers for years on my older 2012 Windows Server without any issues.

Now I moved on to the 2016 or 2019 build and encounter an issue that I can't pinpoint - a friend of mine had the same problem on his 2019 build.

To make it really easy, I start the dedicated server, select my series and do all the setup. As soon as the server is live I'll add an AI to the server and the FPS tanks down to like 80~ or below. The obvious problem is that the same happens as soon as human players would join and it would just slowly tank down to almost 0 FPS, which sadly makes playing the game impossible.

Normally, from my experience of hosting AMS, the dedicated server runs on 250 FPS just like the good old friend rF1 (which is not showing this issue btw.). I'm just here on a loss of understanding to why it wouldn't work.

The server is running the following 2019 Windows Server build and has 16 gigs of RAM.
    The CPU and RAM is the same spec as the older 2012 server so there can't be an issue here.
    Windows Server Build: 17763, which is the latest build.

I can provide anything you want to solve this issue. Like I said I only encountered it on 2016 and 2019 builds not on the 2012 one.

Any help is highly appreciated.

2. Antraxo

Antraxo New Member

Anyone maybe got an idea? I can provide more information if needed.... :(