Safety rating

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by 27th Racing, Dec 1, 2021.

1. 27th Racing

27th Racing New Member AMS2 Club Member

Firstly my apologies if I have missed a post on this subject.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how the safety rating works within AMS. What accounts to improving your rating and how the numbering works. I understand that keeping it clean will help but does racing in close proximity boost your chances of improving quickly?

2. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you talking about AMS 1 or 2?

Edit:
    I'm calling it a night so I'll go out on a limb and assume you meant to post in AMS2 forum. If I'm wrong disregard this.

The best explanation of the rating system is probably given by Yorkie065 on YouTube. The video is "Episode 8: Competitive Racing License | The Insider's Guide to Project CARS 2". It will answer all your questions.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

the number is your skill rating, goes from 100 to 5000
    its an elo system and you gain points by beating people with higher elo and lose points when finishing behind people with lower elo.

the safety rating goes from U to S (U, F, E, D, C, B, A, S) and increase while doing laps without going offtrack, spinning and driving near other cars/passing cleanly.

if u just drive around a whole race without ever being near someone u will see a very minor gain in safety rating, assuming u never went offtrack/spun